Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge Tips

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Hey all,

Recently i picked up a Air/Fuel Ration gauge (narrowband autometer for now, not a huge tuner yet) and im wondering if anyone can shoot me some tips as to where i can tap in to the wireing harness to do this. Alot of people have told me that they run it all the way to there o2 sensor but theres got to be a easier/more efficent way. Any help would be apprecaited!

Thanks!
Kevin

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Jun 5 2008, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey all,

Recently i picked up a Air/Fuel Ration gauge (narrowband autometer for now, not a huge tuner yet) and im wondering if anyone can shoot me some tips as to where i can tap in to the wireing harness to do this. Alot of people have told me that they run it all the way to there o2 sensor but theres got to be a easier/more efficent way. Any help would be apprecaited!

Thanks!
Kevin[/b]
Run it to the o2 sensor. I'm not sure how it could get any easier than that. Offhand I want to say the wire in pink or purple. Either way make sure you're tapping it on the PCM side of the wiring and not the o2 sensor side.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike K @ Jun 5 2008, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Either way make sure you're tapping it on the PCM side of the wiring and not the o2 sensor side.[/b]
What do you mean by this, go through the firewall and tap the wire by the pcm (obviously having to extend the wire that came with it)? Just follow it back from the o2 itself right? Anyone know what color wire has to be tapped for sure?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoop @ Jun 5 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
when u unplug the 02, tap into the wire that goes to the harness instead of the wiring going back to the sensor[/b]
oh yea right, so if you have to change out the sensor you dont have to mess with it again....makes sense...

anyone know the color on the harness?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ Jun 5 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i told you those narrowband a/f gauges are crap[/b]
and i told you i didnt give a crap, its my car, not yours, i dont feel like putting boo foo amout of money into a damn gauge that i bearly have a use for when i can put it into something else....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
If you tap the o2 sensor's harness you'll interfere with it's signal.

As far as the reliability of the narrowband gauge, you may as well just hook it up to a potentiometer and set it yourself because the readings you're getting from it are for all intents and purposes useless.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike K @ Jun 5 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you tap the o2 sensor's harness you'll interfere with it's signal.

As far as the reliability of the narrowband gauge, you may as well just hook it up to a potentiometer and set it yourself because the readings you're getting from it are for all intents and purposes useless.[/b]
:lolsign:

That was a good laugh....Thanks Mike.

~Rich

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Jun 7 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
it is for sure the purple wire, but really, save your time man. the gauge REALLY wont tell you ANYTHING the motor is doing. sell the gauge, and put it towards a scan tool. not being sarcastic, but really everyone is right.[/b]
thanks for the input and not being a f*** head about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info