Upgraded From SSIC to S2 intercooler . Less boost?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTPSleepr @ May 17 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Just Yourshadow @ May 17 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how many inches of vacuum do you have at idle?[/b]

Currnet -7.0-7.5 inches of vacumm. Running a 2.8 pulley
[/b][/quote]
wow, idk on that one....

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike K @ May 20 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cooler air is denser. Your effective boost number is always going to be lower with an intercooler.

Get the vacuum leak fixed too.[/b]

Mike,

When i bought the S2 intercooler I did not get the custom intake for PCV functionality. I checked all vacumm lines and do not see any issue. Could what I am seeing be caused by the oil cap breather I am now using? I ran the car at the track this weekend so 12.4 Peak PSI with 2.6 pulley.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ron Vogel @ May 20 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It will cause a vac leak, but won't show up on a guage as it's before the SC rotors. You'll see it in the LTFT's.[/b]

x2. I scanned a guy's car that was barely modded. His idle trims pegged at +16.4. I opened the hood and found his shiney new breather. We put his oil cap back on and all was back to normal. :lolsign:

I

imported_snoop

depends if your cammed or not. if not, you should see about 18-20" of vacuum. cold start about 16". around in there.

as far as checking for the leak, i usually get some either starting fluid or wd, and spray around where there could be a leak. if you use starting fluid, then the idle will rise slightly of alot if a big leak, and the opposite with wd, engine will bog

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TommyGloves @ May 20 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ron Vogel @ May 20 2008, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will cause a vac leak, but won't show up on a guage as it's before the SC rotors. You'll see it in the LTFT's.[/b]

x2. I scanned a guy's car that was barely modded. His idle trims pegged at +16.4. I opened the hood and found his shiney new breather. We put his oil cap back on and all was back to normal. :lolsign:
[/b][/quote]
Hmm, Well not sure what I can do about it then. Since I dont have a functioning PCV system anymore. Since the breather is there to vent crank gases. :-(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info