Struts

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have read differing on that. Lost of people say yes, others say no, you can obviously check when they are off, but yeah.... If you are on stock springs and struts you are probably fine. It just sucks when you change it and then you have noises from the mounts and have to pull it all apart again.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I am a firm believer in changing the strut mounts when you change struts. The new struts will put additional pressure on the OLD strut mount and you will hear poping from it.

Do the job once and do it right. Get an alignment too. Just a tad off, no matter how you marked it, will cause wear.

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ricky Gonzalez @ May 16 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ill do them both for 100 if you'd like. AND I work at Just Tires again. Im one of the alignment techs there so i can do your alignment for another 50. (that is the store charge) usually its 70 but its 50 for ILGPC.[/b]
CRAP. What's your shop's address? I just paid $160 for an alignment on the SHO - had to hog out the strut tower holes to get the camber right because of my Eibachs. This is after I already drilled out and ground down the spot welds on the strut tower plates.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ricky Gonzalez @ May 16 2008, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ill do them both for 100 if you'd like. AND I work at Just Tires again. Im one of the alignment techs there so i can do your alignment for another 50. (that is the store charge) usually its 70 but its 50 for ILGPC.[/b]
what would you charge for a alignment with my car....i need alignment and camber adjust from eibachs....

I work at Just Tires in Oswego. anyone on this forum can go just say you know me from ILGPC and they will give you the $50.00 price. usually a standard alignment is 70 bucks but like i said for ILGPC its 50. and for an alignment like Silvapain's since he has aftermarket equipment its usually 100 bucks as a specialty alignment but i could still do it for 50. anyone that wants an alignment let me know.

Just Tires
1400 Douglas Rd.
Oswego, Il 60543

if you want to come out let me know that way Ill do the alignment. i figure ill pass this on to you guys and you can help me out by getting me the alignments to do since i make some of my money off of the alignments that i do...

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ricky Gonzalez @ May 17 2008, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I work at Just Tires in Oswego. anyone on this forum can go just say you know me from ILGPC and they will give you the $50.00 price. usually a standard alignment is 70 bucks but like i said for ILGPC its 50. and for an alignment like Silvapain's since he has aftermarket equipment its usually 100 bucks as a specialty alignment but i could still do it for 50. anyone that wants an alignment let me know.

Just Tires
1400 Douglas Rd.
Oswego, Il 60543

if you want to come out let me know that way Ill do the alignment. i figure ill pass this on to you guys and you can help me out by getting me the alignments to do since i make some of my money off of the alignments that i do...[/b]
amen brother, ill be out next weekend if you can do the "specialty alignment" for $50.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info