SLP Headers question

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 7 2008, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just go to an exhaust shop and have a pipe made up. Depending on your exhaust setup is how big the pipe should be. Last time I had my SLPs welded up, the shop refused to do it unless I got a cat. This time around I could give two shits.[/b]

I'll be doing SLP headers to stock everything else. Am I supposed to drive to the exhaust shop with open headers to get that pipe made? lol.

I guess I could get a 12 inch long pipe and have the one side expanded to fit the DP of the headers, and cut it to length myself once I get the headers in.

~Rich

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ May 7 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ May 7 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I supposed to drive to the exhaust shop with open headers to get that pipe made?
~Rich[/b]
yes, it will be one of the funniest drives ever, its great watching people's faces....they give you the "holy shit thats loud" look...lol
[/b][/quote]

I'm guessing you have been there with your pacesetters popping apart, huh? :lolsign:

~Rich

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fish @ May 7 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I drove from Palos to Elk Grove with open headers. Then to a shop in Streamwood. The best was the tunnel on 355 near ogden going WOT.[/b]

I'll be sure to bring my ear plugs when I take the car.

Now all I need to do is find a nice set of SLPs.......dont know if I want to buy new, if I can find a nice set of used.

~Rich

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ May 7 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ May 7 2008, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ May 7 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I supposed to drive to the exhaust shop with open headers to get that pipe made?
~Rich[/b]
yes, it will be one of the funniest drives ever, its great watching people's faces....they give you the "holy shit thats loud" look...lol
[/b][/quote]

I'm guessing you have been there with your pacesetters popping apart, huh? :lolsign:

~Rich
[/b][/quote]
Yup. Several times, actually raced a mustang with open headers....i think i scared the guy when i whomped on it cuz he barely stepped on the gas...lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Rich
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list