ABS and TCS OFF lights staying on

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaytonaGTP25 @ Apr 29 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok, wtf does it mean? they wont go off and its been 5 days now? is it something serious or is it just a annoyance? In the owners manual it says if they stay on to have it serviced and it "may cause an accident"... Huh?[/b]

You probably lost a wheel speed sensor. The wires have a tendancy to break. Check all the wiring. If you know someone at a dealer, the Tech2 will scan all 4 wheels, and show the reading from the speed sensors. You will definately know which one is bad, because it will read 0, or be erratic. Hopefully the wiring can be fixed/repaired, or else you have to replace the bearing/hub.

~Rich

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 30 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yea thats pretty much what the outcome of that is....replacing a hub. those fucking wires suck, ive had more problems with those fucking wires than anything else on the car[/b]

I agree, the wires suck even in the new generation GPs. I will press the Traction Control Off/On switch and sometimes it just won't respond, even after multiple presses.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 30 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 30 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea thats pretty much what the outcome of that is....replacing a hub. those fucking wires suck, ive had more problems with those fucking wires than anything else on the car[/b]

I agree, the wires suck even in the new generation GPs. I will press the Traction Control Off/On switch and sometimes it just won't respond, even after multiple presses.
[/b][/quote]
OE

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 30 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 30 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 30 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
OE
[/b][/quote]

'Fucks OE?

DaytonaGTP25

Regular
Feb 8, 2008
VillaPark
It was the front left wheel speed sensor... Wessel and I went up to discount and had them hook up the ABS scanner... huh, odd thats where Bambi hit... Friggin deer! I'm tryin to scam insurance into paying for it since it is where the deer impact happened. The weirdest thing.... Why wont my head lights work?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info