Dropped the car off at the bodyshop

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
Dropped it off today to have some stuff redone from an accident over a year ago.

Bumper (rear) cover is getting repainted, roof rail being installed correctly, rear spoiler being removed and reinstalled correctly, door lock/window switch bezel replaced, lock switch replaced, drivers headlight capsule replaced, passenger headlight mounting bracket replaced, interior light fixture and lens replaced (behind drivers head), drivers door touched up from where it rubbed the fender when they first put it back together........I think that is it.

They gave me a '95 Corrolla to drive....how sad. At least I'll save some gas money.

Should have her back by Friday.

~Rich

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigdaddy @ Apr 29 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
what shop??[/b]

Castens Body Shop in Wauconda.

I actually spoke with the owner when I dropped it off yesterday, and he was pretty dissapointed in the quality of the work they had previously done, as was I. He definately took the bull by the horns, and is getting my car put back together the way it should be. Its nice to see a company stand by their work and take care of the customer.....I'm actually impressed.

Cant wait to get her back......merging in the expressway just isnt the same right now.

~Rich

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Apr 29 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They gave me a '95 Corrolla to drive....how sad. At least I'll save some gas money.

~Rich[/b]

Its a shop car that they lend out. If the weather was nicer, I would have the bike out, or the '68 Vette out.......way too cold for either.

Plus at almost 4 bucks a gallaon for gas, the Vette is not what I would call 'economical'. Gets about 7-8 mpg the way I have it tuned now. 26 miles to work each way would cost me $30 bucks in gas a day to drive to work. <_<

~Rich

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AjL227 @ Apr 30 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rich @ Apr 30 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They gave me a '95 Corrolla to drive....how sad. At least I'll save some gas money.[/b]

Well the transition of going from a crappy car back to your GTP will sure be a warm welcome back. ;)
[/b][/quote]

True.....definately looking forward to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Rich
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list