Lowering Springs + Spring Locks + Nu-Finish =

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Well i got the spring locks that were suggested and they look great. Took the liberty to use some nu-finish as well on the entire car....that stuff is amazing....enough with the chit chat...here ya go.

101_1535.jpg

101_1537.jpg

101_1538.jpg

101_1539.jpg

101_1545.jpg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 26 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well i got the spring locks that were suggested and they look great. Took the liberty to use some nu-finish as well on the entire car....that stuff is amazing....enough with the chit chat...here ya go.

101_1535.jpg

101_1537.jpg

101_1538.jpg

101_1539.jpg

101_1545.jpg
[/b]

Looks good. Now it needs to go fast :lol:

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silvapain @ Apr 27 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm a bit ignorant of the GTP packages - is that a Special Edition? It has the roof rails, spoiler, hood scoops, and quad tips that my 40th has, but obviously not the color.[/b]

that is the 40th edition. i asked the same question about the color. he told me they're out ther you just gotta look..... i didnt think they made them in black either.

BTW what are spring locks kevin???

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
sorry guys, been kinda busy

thanks a ton for the comments, and its kinda fast already, just needs a tune up....

no its not the 40th, it is a special edition gp package that they had available for GTP's and GT's (2 and 4 door), they had the 40th out for the 2002 year

like he says, you just have to keep a eye out.

spring locks open the springs and actually lifted my rear end, found out about them cuz of the guys on here....

o and ill get the pics from the night up here tonight, kinda busy currently...

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 28 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

thanks a ton for the comments, and its kinda fast already, just needs a tune up....

no its not the 40th, it is a special edition gp package that they had available for GTP's and GT's (2 and 4 door), they had the 40th out for the 2002 year

spring locks open the springs and actually lifted my rear end, found out about them cuz of the guys on here....

o and ill get the pics from the night up here tonight, kinda busy currently...[/b]

someone told me about these they said if you reverse them or something you can lower your car by condensing the springs. is this true?

and i apologize about the 40th edition comment.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
yes it is true, and i tried to do this to the front, however, because of the eibach springs being so low already, there is almost no benifit to doing it, infact i had to take the wheel off in order to even try to put them on....i maxed out the strut when i did this (needless to say this was the deciding factor to NOT do that to the front... looks < a working car)

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 28 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yes it is true, and i tried to do this to the front, however, because of the eibach springs being so low already, there is almost no benifit to doing it, infact i had to take the wheel off in order to even try to put them on....i maxed out the strut when i did this (needless to say this was the deciding factor to NOT do that to the front... looks < a working car)[/b]

so the could i pick up a couple of these for my car for the front? and the rear? i dont wanna go super low because im sure itll throw off my camber. maybe....maybe not. i dont know

where did you buy them?

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2000GTPK @ Apr 28 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 28 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes it is true, and i tried to do this to the front, however, because of the eibach springs being so low already, there is almost no benifit to doing it, infact i had to take the wheel off in order to even try to put them on....i maxed out the strut when i did this (needless to say this was the deciding factor to NOT do that to the front... looks < a working car)[/b]

so the could i pick up a couple of these for my car for the front? and the rear? i dont wanna go super low because im sure itll throw off my camber. maybe....maybe not. i dont know

where did you buy them?
[/b][/quote]
i was told that you can get them from murrays, but honestly i hate that store, i picked mine up from autozone, just ask them for spring locks...(if they dont know what they are just refer to them as "clips that someone might put in there springs for drag strips" and they might know better, thats what i had to do....its like a little light went off in his head when i said that)

EDIT: you should be able to put these on your springs, the only thing i could forsee is that you may have to pick up a longer bolt as the coils are further apart on the stockies than the eibach's and i had a hard time with those....

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (got3800.com @ Apr 28 2008, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

o and ill get the pics from the night up here tonight, kinda busy currently...[/b]

Just to clarify here, it is a 75th Anniversary edition. Pontiac did Special Editions for some of their cars in 2001 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Pontiac.

I have the same car as Kevin, but mine is white and a coupe. These were a limited production run...somewhere around 7,000 made, and less than half being GTPs. I cant find the numbers now, but if I do, I will post them.

Here are some pics of mine.

gl2.jpg

gl5.jpg

~Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info