Looking into getting a 05 GXP

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I was just reading about the trans issues again and also the brake caliper lettering coming off....Im not to happy about the MPG thing.

When did GM do the 100,000 mile powertrain warrenty? Thats why I might look into getting an 08. DId the 07's have the 100,000 warrenty?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Apr 26 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was just reading about the trans issues again and also the brake caliper lettering coming off....Im not to happy about the MPG thing.

When did GM do the 100,000 mile powertrain warrenty? Thats why I might look into getting an 08. DId the 07's have the 100,000 warrenty?[/b]

I BELIEVE that 06's had the 100k mile warranty. 07's definately.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaturdaysGS @ Apr 26 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Apr 26 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When did GM do the 100,000 mile powertrain warrenty? Thats why I might look into getting an 08. DId the 07's have the 100,000 warrenty?[/b]

I BELIEVE that 06's had the 100k mile warranty. 07's definately.
[/b][/quote]
if the 06 is a GM Certified car then i think it has the 100,000 mile warranty all the 07 and up cars have the 100,000 mile warranty

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I am looking to purchase a GXP as well within the next year or so. As much as I like the G8, living in an area with snow and only a daily driver, I would much rather have FWD. I've driven a GXP and it definitely has some good power, with a bit of luxury for a decent price.

I found an '06 silver GXP with 8,600 miles for $18,900 with the 100k extended warranty. Oh, how much I want one right now...

Good luck Royal... let me know how things turn out!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (98GTPDriva @ Apr 27 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am looking to purchase a GXP as well within the next year or so. As much as I like the G8, living in an area with snow and only a daily driver, I would much rather have FWD. I've driven a GXP and it definitely has some good power, with a bit of luxury for a decent price.

I found an '06 silver GXP with 8,600 miles for $18,900 with the 100k extended warranty. Oh, how much I want one right now...

Good luck Royal... let me know how things turn out![/b]

With todays advanced traction control and the use of snow tires RWD cars can be great in the snow. I know people with M3's, G35's, and Fbodys that drive all year round. You just gotta take it easy. Back in the day that is all people drove in the winter was RWD cars. Its not like we live up in Alaska or something. But if you bought a new G8, I would store it in the winter anyway to keep it salt free, and keep the miles down then get a beater.

RWD V8 > FWD V8

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
i bought my 05 gxp with 17,000 on the clock, some rich kid had the car daddy bought if for him, right before he got rid of it he smoked the tires off the wheels, iam glad the tranny held up to that punishment, so since i owned the car it is babied, i drive it like a old man that i am
the issues i have had so far are , the steering shaft clunk, did brakes, new tires, right outer tie rod, monsoon amp replaced, right rear wheel hub, updated heater hoses, and heat acuator , and yes the logo on my calipers are coming off too, no tranny issues as of yet(knocks on wood)
as of right now the only issues i have are the logo coming off, and the rear brakes are sticking a bit, the car is goin in this week, as far as gas mileage goes i get 15.7 a gallon i use 93 octane and have since i bought the car, the ride is stiff but responsive, brakes are awesome, interior is great, the seats really hug you big trunk love that, overall a great car i love it, the only mods i have are the k&n air intake and a custom made magnaflow exhaust, and its hand painted stripes, window tint
i plan on keeping the car for a long time

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigdaddy @ Apr 27 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i bought my 05 gxp with 17,000 on the clock, some rich kid had the car daddy bought if for him, right before he got rid of it he smoked the tires off the wheels, iam glad the tranny held up to that punishment, so since i owned the car it is babied, i drive it like a old man that i am
the issues i have had so far are , the steering shaft clunk, did brakes, new tires, right outer tie rod, monsoon amp replaced, right rear wheel hub, updated heater hoses, and heat acuator , and yes the logo on my calipers are coming off too, no tranny issues as of yet(knocks on wood)
as of right now the only issues i have are the logo coming off, and the rear brakes are sticking a bit, the car is goin in this week, as far as gas mileage goes i get 15.7 a gallon i use 93 octane and have since i bought the car, the ride is stiff but responsive, brakes are awesome, interior is great, the seats really hug you big trunk love that, overall a great car i love it, the only mods i have are the k&n air intake and a custom made magnaflow exhaust, and its hand painted stripes, window tint
i plan on keeping the car for a long time[/b]

You beat that kid for burning YOUR new rides rubber?

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ClubGPGTT @ Apr 28 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
heres my opinion dont waste your money get a RWD car[/b]

Yeah, I would get a G8. Only problem is, if I were you its worth the wait till next year and get the G8 GXP which will be coming out with possible manaul transmission and 6.2 V8. I think you'll find the wait acceptable and be happy you got the GXP next year, than just the GT this year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info