3800 Dyno location?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaturdaysGS @ Mar 26 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silvapain @ Mar 26 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't like Mustang dynos because they read lower...because they incorporate load. Coincidently, this also makes them more accurate to the "real world".[/b]

supposedly they are better to tune off of too.
[/b][/quote]

you're right

a dyno jet is for the 'bling'
a mustang dyno is to tune on. a mustang dyno will incorporate the same feeling as being on the street. a dyno jet just spins as fast as you can turn it.

coincidently, ill be on both this year :)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Mar 26 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaturdaysGS @ Mar 26 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Silvapain @ Mar 26 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't like Mustang dynos because they read lower...because they incorporate load. Coincidently, this also makes them more accurate to the "real world".[/b]

supposedly they are better to tune off of too.
[/b][/quote]

you're right

a dyno jet is for the 'bling'
a mustang dyno is to tune on. a mustang dyno will incorporate the same feeling as being on the street. a dyno jet just spins as fast as you can turn it.

coincidently, ill be on both this year :)
[/b][/quote]

u going to make it to our dyno day?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Mar 26 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
id like to. but i wont have the blower till mid-next week, doesnt give me a whole lot of time to get the tune close....and the 12th wont work for me so i may have to wait for another one...[/b]

ok, we will be planning the spring meet/trackday after that, I hope to see you there again.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SweetGTP01 @ Mar 27 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Finish Line Performance has a Dyno Jet 2 wheel drive and they have a 4 wheel drive also.

Very nice people over there.

http://www.flpmotorsports.com

They are right in Naperville[/b]

Thanks for the reply. I called them and they are scheduled out a whole month.. This was a last minute thing. I found a place in Downers Grove..Its a Vette shop. $109 per hour. Its for my 98' Contour SVT w/ 3.0 swap. They guy who built it is testing different intakes...Escape, Taurus and the original SVT intake. This 3.0 has 04' Taurus cams. It should make around 225 whp

We'll see tomorrow morning what it does.

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (burtgtp1973 @ Mar 27 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SweetGTP01 @ Mar 27 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finish Line Performance has a Dyno Jet 2 wheel drive and they have a 4 wheel drive also.

Very nice people over there.

http://www.flpmotorsports.com

They are right in Naperville[/b]

Thanks for the reply. I called them and they are scheduled out a whole month.. This was a last minute thing. I found a place in Downers Grove..Its a Vette shop. $109 per hour. Its for my 98' Contour SVT w/ 3.0 swap. They guy who built it is testing different intakes...Escape, Taurus and the original SVT intake. This 3.0 has 04' Taurus cams. It should make around 225 whp

We'll see tomorrow morning what it does.
[/b][/quote]

video tape it if you can...i want to hear this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info