3800 might be same prob as garrett

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Ok been having a problem with my 97 gtp. Basic stock gp now, I have had a problem with the car studdering and shutting off. I figured fuel related, so I changed fuel filter and then fuel pump. Especially since it only seemed to happen when the tank was low. Well those changes didn't fix it, but I was able to live with it for the time being. Well last week the car stalled out and then I couldn't even get the starter to engage. Figured must be a starter gone bad. So I tested the leads and cleaned all the connections of corrosion. Put in a good starter and had the same issues still. Car now even when the starter does engage it won't fire the car up. I have the fuel resister bypassed cause I thought that was a problem possible.

I'm lost and any help would be appreciated.

Hale

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Yuppers and they are getting power. Just realized that the fuel pump isn't priming, so I went out and pulled the relay put it back in and the car fired over. Before that it just kept cranking. So now i'm thinking I have two problems going on. What else besides the resister fuel pump, and the regulater cause it not to pump? Does the ICM control the fuel pump in any way? I'm going to pick up a new resister and throw it in so I don't have to have it bypassed when I sell this car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info