3800 What suspension mods to do

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Ok. Quick question. I am currently running a fully stock suspension. Looking to increase performance at the track. Not looking for a car that corners like a fiero just one that will launch without so much weight transfer to rear end(see sig below). Is it worth lowering the car? Or just going with the wbodystore rear Heighting springs and some other mods. Any advice is much appreciated.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
c<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTP23 @ Mar 16 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
get "speed built" sway bars it prevents the car weight from launching up when u accelerate and rocking like a boat when u turn. it also stiffens your suspension a little so it might be a rough ride[/b]
not sure where you heard that but its not true for the most part.
most of the hard core racers remove there sway bars.....you will also not find them on any dragcar.
you wont even notice them gone until you go to turn.

gmpp/BMR trailing arms, coilovers, rear suspension limiters(GTO blockers,cable mod) or a good set of 9c1 rear springs would help more then any swaybar or STB.

GMPP,RAT,9c1 sway bars will not make it a rougher ride. anyone that says this has never been in a car with sway bars removed or broken

lowering the car can help to a point(the rear springs have less room to travel), but that is not the best mod for a car your trying to get a better launch out of.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Mar 16 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
c<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GTP23 @ Mar 16 2008, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get "speed built" sway bars it prevents the car weight from launching up when u accelerate and rocking like a boat when u turn. it also stiffens your suspension a little so it might be a rough ride[/b]
not sure where you heard that but its not true for the most part.
most of the hard core racers remove there sway bars.....you will also not find them on any dragcar.
you wont even notice them gone until you go to turn.

gmpp/BMR trailing arms, coilovers, rear suspension limiters(GTO blockers,cable mod) or a good set of 9c1 rear springs would help more then any swaybar or STB.

GMPP,RAT,9c1 sway bars will not make it a rougher ride. anyone that says this has never been in a car with sway bars removed or broken

lowering the car can help to a point(the rear springs have less room to travel), but that is not the best mod for a car your trying to get a better launch out of.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the advice guys. I did pickup some GTO spring blockers off a member on the forum couple months ago. Also planned on getting the GMPP trailing arms. As far as the rear springs . Are those 9c1 off a older Caprice? If so what would be the best place to pickup a pair. Thanks

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
my car uses stock suspension with gto blockers, and the trailing arms, i know it's an issue, but ive been able to cut solid 1.70 60's, and im confident i'll get in the 1.6's this year...

but if you are looking to shed a few tenths, without adding hp, a solid suspension is the way to go, as well as some weight reduction

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phat_ridegt @ Mar 16 2008, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
my car uses stock suspension with gto blockers, and the trailing arms, i know it's an issue, but ive been able to cut solid 1.70 60's, and im confident i'll get in the 1.6's this year...

but if you are looking to shed a few tenths, without adding hp, a solid suspension is the way to go, as well as some weight reduction[/b]

Yeah I think I will probably just use the spring blockers upgrade the trailing arms and possibly go with the wbodystore rear Heighting Springs . I was able to cut some 1.84's with the used DR I had. This year I have upgarded to some slicks. As for power adders. I will be running the spray this year :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info