3800 Couple quick questions!

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
First things first how do i know if i have a worn motor mount? Right now i have a rough idle, ie i can feel a shimmy in the car while in idle. Second when driving and lets say someone makes a right turn in front of me and i slow down then i get on the accelerator lightly i get a clunk or shimmy. I did notice today i had my hood popped and the car idling, the dog bone on the left seems to be moving much more than the one on the right, now i am questioning that b/c i figure the on on the left sees more stress with all the drive belts and S/C over there, is this normal. Are there other motor mounts on the underside b/c i could not find them?

Second question, today i was revving my car for this guy i work with b/c he wanted to here the S/C and he said when i revved it he saw white smoke out the back, any ideas of what that means?

Thanks

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mike K @ Mar 13 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
White smoke = coolant, blue is oil, black is fuel.[/b]

I am not worried about the smoke thing, i didnt really believe him anyways, besides i checked on my lunch break and i didnt see any white smoke. I am more interested in the motor mounts, how many are there, which ones fail first and how to tell if one needs to be replaced............HELP!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info