3800 Doesn't want to start...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

A friend of mine from work has a 98'ish GP GT that is not wanting to start or at least stay running. He says it turns over and wants to start but doesn't. I told him to try it with the gas peddle to the floor and see what happens. (Not to pump it...just hold to the floor and feather it if it starts.) He said it did start and he was able to feather the peddle to keep it running but it wouldn't hold an idle. There are no SES lights either.

I have a few thoughts but I was hoping others can chime in with options.

Thanks

Don

got3800.com

TCG Elite Member
Sep 3, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Theautoguy @ Mar 7 2008, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A friend of mine from work has a 98'ish GP GT that is not wanting to start or at least stay running. He says it turns over and wants to start but doesn't. I told him to try it with the gas peddle to the floor and see what happens. (Not to pump it...just hold to the floor and feather it if it starts.) He said it did start and he was able to feather the peddle to keep it running but it wouldn't hold an idle. There are no SES lights either.

I have a few thoughts but I was hoping others can chime in with options.

Thanks

Don[/b]

Just had a problem like this, I’m guessing it’s the ignition coil (not starting) or ignition control module (Bearly starting and not staying running). Obviously not positive but that’s my experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list