3800 WTB: Resonator/Mufflers

I've got an exhaust leak in my downpipe, so I need to get it re-welded or replaced.

With that in mind, I'm going to be taking it to a shop to get the work done. I've been wanting to quiet down the exhaust, as much as I love it at idle, it's getting too dam annoying. Here's my current setup - TOGS, no cat, 2.5" SLP cat back w/loudmouth mufflers.

I'm thinking to get a resonator welded in to try and quiet it down....ANYONE HAVE A USED ONE? (2.5")

Basically, I'm looking for anything you guys have for a 2.5" exhaust system...mufflers, resonators, high flow cats, etc.

I need to take the car in either way to get this work done, I just want to do it all at once, and fairly soon. Suggestions on cheap places to go would help also.

Thanks guys!

Jeremy

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Toasty @ Feb 13 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
fair muffler would seem a good choice, should have a decent choice of resonators....[/b]
Fair can help you out with what you need.
i would go with a 3" res tho. and 2.5 after that.
resonators tend to reduce the size of your exhaust system by a 1/4 to 1/2" on the inside.
so a 3" would be 2.5" in most cases.

to be honest tho until you get rid of the SLP mufflers your exhaust will still sound loud and raspy above 2k

I

imported_GraFFix

I had the same issue with the drone/raspyness in my car. Togs, no cats 3" piping to the Y then 2.5" out to ultraflos.

I bought a Summit brand resonator and had it welded in it took care of some of the drone and raspyness but it will never go away 100%

Anyways the summit brand resonator is only like 30 bucks or something.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GraFFix @ Feb 14 2008, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had the same issue with the drone/raspyness in my car. Togs, no cats 3" piping to the Y then 2.5" out to ultraflos.

I bought a Summit brand resonator and had it welded in it took care of some of the drone and raspyness but it will never go away 100%

Anyways the summit brand resonator is only like 30 bucks or something.[/b]
summit resonators are priced very nice but we have had them burnout on S/C and turbo setups.
we got about a year out of both setups. for the price i guess 25-30 bucks a year isnt that bad
if they were a little more down stream then right after where the cat should be maybe they would last a little longer. make sure you paint them tho so they dont rust right away.

Yes, I realize that the SLP mufflers were probably not a good choice now. I got the setup as one of my first mods and with stock manifolds, downpipe, and engine, it's sounds good. Once I started modding more, it was cool at first, but got real old, real fast.

Anyways...found my exhaust leak, just a gasket.

I still want to go the route of resonators, where Mr. V may help me out. I know it's not going to eliminate the drone and such, I just want some type of improvement.

If anyone has any mufflers I would be interested in that idea too, keep 'em coming.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info