3800 New guy with a couple questions

sells98GT

Feb 10, 2008
Hey guys I've been looking around here for a while but I finally need some help. I've been posting a lot on grandprix.net and occasionally on CGP but now I need some local advice.

My dad was in a daze this morning when he was leaving and backed into my car putting some nice cracks in the front bumper. I'm going to wait until spring to get it replaced but I want to get a hard start so I'm ready once it gets warm.

My two options are either buy a new cover from Ed Morad and get it painted or buy one from a junkyard around here and get it painted as well. Now I know I'm gonna get a great deal from Ed but shipping for a bumper is brutal so I need the names of a couple junkyards around here where I can check for a new bumper. Also I need some recommendations for places to get the bumper painted (or places to stay away from), preferably in the Schaumburg/Elk Grove area.

Thanks in advance for the help and I'm looking forward to spending more time on the site and getting to know everyone.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sells98GT @ Feb 11 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I haven't heard good things about the ones from eBay. Something like the indentation for the Pontiac arrow isn't deep enough? Besides if I was gonna buy one and pay for shipping I'd get one from Ed.[/b]

depends if you're buying a new aftermarket oem replacement, or a used one from ebay..

sells98GT

Feb 10, 2008
Yea I'm pretty sure it's the aftermarket ones that have a problem. If I was getting shipped to me it would be directly from Ed anyways but I'm just gonna try and find one around here and get it painted.

Here's some pics of the damage:
PontiacGrandPrix051.jpg

PontiacGrandPrix052.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info