3800 Xbox 360 Dead

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Ive had this thing for about a year and i got the rings of death! I was playing COD4 tonight and the thing just froze on me, i restarted it and got three red rings, i let it sit for an hour, put in NCAA Football 08, played fine for 5 minutes froze up again, restarted, red rings. Removed HD and power, restarted fine with NCCA, reinstalled HD, froze, removed HD, powered up, with Tiger Woods, played ok for 1 minute and froze. So the HD is outta the equation! Its the console. Does anyone know the warranty on this? I bought it from best buy, dont have the original reciept, but i am in the process of finding my credit statement. Either way im a little ticked, any help or suggestions would help, thanks in advance!!!!!

I

imported_1fastGTP

yeah, what he said. clubgpgtt had his Xbox mess up on him... he sent it to microsoft and it took about 2 months for him to get the new one back. I just got the basic arcade edition and upgraded to a hard drive. I hear that is the best route to go. also the new model 360's run alot smoother. Hope everything works out.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Well im pretty suprised at how they handle this.... I dont have to pay a thing, they send me a box in the mail i send them my console they repair in 10-15 days and i get it back, with that said i am busting out my old PS2 to play some Socom. Anyone here play Socom on PS2? I am a little pissed b/c COD4 was really my fav game of all time so i am gonna have to resort to my 2nd best game socom, it would be good to have someone to play online with so let me know altthough id imagine not many people play PS2 anymore!!!!!!!! I guess ill find out tomorrow!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tonzcompg04 @ Jan 21 2008, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Should have purchased ps3! ;)[/b]
QFT!!! I got smart and got rid of my 360 for a PS3 before the thing took a dump on me. I've always like Playstation better anyways. My PS1 and PS2 never gave me any troubles. My Xbox and 360 both froze all the time and pissed me off. Still trouble free with the PS3 after having it for about 8 months. And it gets played a lot more. :)

dizave

Regular
Apr 27, 2008
My took a dump on me just befor the holidays, I sent it in got it back in two weeks and it works great.

The prob I had was they shipped it back Fedex direct signature requried and I work like a normal person so noone is home during the day. The pick center was in Carol Stream which it a hike from Wauconda so I drove my ass down ther and picked it up.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dizave @ Jan 23 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My took a dump on me just befor the holidays, I sent it in got it back in two weeks and it works great.

The prob I had was they shipped it back Fedex direct signature requried and I work like a normal person so noone is home during the day. The pick center was in Carol Stream which it a hike from Wauconda so I drove my ass down ther and picked it up.[/b]

Two weeks, thats good news b/c PS2 just aint cuttin it, im sending mine out today!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info