3800 What is with this weather?

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
So i go start the car today, damn thing started but it was idling rough and when i gave it gas it bogged down. So I pop the hood and everything is covered in condensation! I also had a very low tank of gas, i dont know if i had water in my fuel lines or what! It did go away though as i started driving it. Just thought id post b/c it kind of got me worried!

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CompGd @ Jan 6 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So i go start the car today, damn thing started but it was idling rough and when i gave it gas it bogged down. So I pop the hood and everything is covered in condensation! I also had a very low tank of gas, i dont know if i had water in my fuel lines or what! It did go away though as i started driving it. Just thought id post b/c it kind of got me worried![/b]

So i had this same problem today when i was in the car wash. Half way thru my car wash the car started idling rough as all hell, i pull out and the car was bogging out on me, almost like someone put a banana in my tail pipe haha! Anyways this went on for about 1 mile, with my check engine light flashing and then all of a sudden it went away and i was back to running normal. Any ideas of what is going on?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CompGd @ Jan 12 2008, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CompGd @ Jan 6 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i go start the car today, damn thing started but it was idling rough and when i gave it gas it bogged down. So I pop the hood and everything is covered in condensation! I also had a very low tank of gas, i dont know if i had water in my fuel lines or what! It did go away though as i started driving it. Just thought id post b/c it kind of got me worried![/b]

So i had this same problem today when i was in the car wash. Half way thru my car wash the car started idling rough as all hell, i pull out and the car was bogging out on me, almost like someone put a banana in my tail pipe haha! Anyways this went on for about 1 mile, with my check engine light flashing and then all of a sudden it went away and i was back to running normal. Any ideas of what is going on?
[/b][/quote]
Same exact thing happened to me in the car wash.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TommyGloves @ Jan 12 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You might need new spark plug wires. Condensation is making them arc. That's my guess anyway. :)[/b]

Well so much for quality wires i just replaced them maybe 2 months ago when i changed over to my NGK plugs. Looks like i might be taking a trip back to Advance b/c i know they should be under warranty. Thanks for the help guys!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list