3800 HAS ANYONE CONVERTED TO A MANUAL TRANS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vipermike2002 @ Jan 2 2008, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Holy shit man, you havent posted here in forever. Better change your sig, chad has a Trailblazer SS now.[/b]

Yeah I know. I've been bussy racing Visit My Website We'll all have to get together in the spring time. He should work for a car dealership as much as he changes cars.

Any info on a trans swap?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
there is no parts list that makes it a bolt on.
IIRC someone is trying to use the 6speed from a G6 but thats not done yet. the problem really is finding a FWD manual trans that can handle lots of power. name one other GM FWD manual car that is pushing 275-300hp.
it can be done with lots of designing and fabrication but i think what ever trans you choose will need lots of strong aftermarket parts to keep it in one peice

and yeah long time no post, that Goat better be at the track in spring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Jan 2 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
IIRC someone is trying to use the 6speed from a G6 but thats not done yet. the problem really is finding a FWD manual trans that can handle lots of power. name one other GM FWD manual car that is pushing 275-300hp.
it can be done with lots of designing and fabrication but i think what ever trans you choose will need lots of strong aftermarket parts to keep it in one peice

and yeah long time no post, that Goat better be at the track in spring[/b]

I'll come out and teach u boyz how to drive. We'll drink that case of beer that Chad still owes me. You hear that Chadley!!!!

That's what I thought. A lot of work and special parts to do something that GM should have done in the first place. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Jan 2 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

and yeah long time no post, that Goat better be at the track in spring[/b]

I've searched but G6's don't have a manual, at least not yet or for 08. They have a slap stick auto.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SINr247 @ Jan 8 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the G6s do have a manual option. its a 6speed. i think it might of only been on the first GTP models.
try 05-06[/b]

OK, I did some research and for the GTP G6 models through 07 they had a manual option. For the 08 G6 line there is no manual option only the slap stick auto available only on the GXP G6.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info