3800 Cracked windshield

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Well, driving on 294 today coming home from Woodfield, I hear a LOUD crack, and wonder "wtf was that". Well I then notice my windshield was hit with something (a rock I presume) and now it has a not only a gash, but also some spider webbing off of it.

I do have HUD, and would want to keep with a HUD windshield (I know I can get away without it) and I do have full coverage insurance, what should I do?

Thanks
-Nick

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
If you have glass coverage on you insurance and no deductable then go through them. Other wide see if it can be repaired to prevent it from spreading, or shop around and see how much a new windshield is. I got a HUD windshield for my 01 GTX for about $300 installed, this was through my previous job so I got a little deal.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thebullfrog @ Dec 21 2007, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Welcome to my life. My ins. has a $500 deductible on it so I'm screwed either way. You happen to find a good deal on one let me know. I won't be shopping around for one till after the new year when things settle down a bit.[/b]

are you sure that your deductible is not different for glass? my deductible for the car is $500 all the way around, but glass damage (i.e. windshield) is only $100 deductible.

saturdaygs, check with your insurance to see what your deductible is for auto glass.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Yeah thats another thing. My (retarded) ins. agent said it's 500 but I have my doubts since like you said most ins. companies have a different policy for glass. My GF has a $1,000 deductible, but glass is none. Haven't had a chance to contact the ins. company directly to find out for sure. I long since misplaced the paperwork so I can't check it myself. Like I said it's not something I have the time to deal with till after the holidays are over with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info