3800 Explains a lot.....

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
So for a few weeks I've been getting this real nasty "clunk" from the front of my car whenever I press the gas, let off the gas, turn, just cruising, whenever. Take it to my mech. My drivers inner CV is all but seized up. My pass. CV has ungodly amounts of play in it. He says the pass, halfshaft also seems to be ever so slightly bent. Guess this would all explain the recent clunking and my ever present vibration it's had since I bought the thing :lolsign: . I wasn't at all surprised that one was bad, but both was unexpected. At least the car should finally ride smooth now. That'll be nice. Then I get to freeze my ass off replacing my coolant temp. sensor that decided to go last week. And of course we can't forget about my lean/knock laden engine, but hey one step at a time. Of course theres the alternator that makes scary metallic, "dying bearings" noises. The blower that makes scary "dying bearings and replace the damned coupler already" noises, the "I need new strut caps" clunking in the rear...... And honestly the list is a lot longer than that. "One step at a time, one step at a...."

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Dude, drive my car for a week. You'd never complain again. It works, and it's fast, but it needs A LOT of TLC. Plus I have SOLID metal engine mounts (vibrates and buzzes). Try sitting over an hour in stop and go traffic after your morning coffee...you really have to pee!

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Oh yeah I forgot about your homemade mounts LOL. I can't imagine doing that in a car I drive more than a 1/4 mile. I wouldn't mind so much if it was fast. But it isn't. Stuck with the stock pulley since it'll self destruct if I put any more air into it.
I wasn't really complaining though. It was really more of a pointless rant/ vent. I started the post about the axles then it popped into my head what else I had to do and it blurted out my fingertips LOL.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
You know I've always wondered. What does it take to make a SHO decently fast? I've seen a few quick ones but never had a chance to talk to an owner about what they had done. I'm talking like 13's. You know, nothing too special but still fast enough to be fun. I've always thought they would be a pretty fun sleeper but never looked into it too hard since I hate Ford. I could justify a SHO since, you know, Yamaha and all LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list