3800 Possibly saying goodbye to IL...

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Well, I have been in Human Resources (HR Generalist) for about 1.5 years now (1.0 year with my current employer) and a few weeks ago one of the Divsion (Corporate) HR Managers wanted to chat and he explained to me that one of our facilities is growing at a exponential rate, to the point where they need an HR Manager. He said I was the first person he thought of for the promotion. The only issue would be that I would need to relocate... to Indiana.

The facility I would be working at is located in Laporte, but I have been looking at real estate and I would want to live in Valparaiso (~85 miles from my home in Palatine). I had my interview today and things went very well, to the point where they told me that I am basically the only person in contention.

If all goes well... I would be moving down there in January '08. Valparaiso is a smaller town (~30k people), but is nice and is only 15 miles from the beach! The best part is that real estate is CHEAP! I found brand new 3br, 2ba, 2 car garage, brick townhouses for under 150k! I still would be close to Chicago, but being on my own and away from family would certainly be different.

I am definitely up for the task and this would be a great move for my career. Another plus is that I would be receiving a ~17-20k wage increase along with a 10% bonus on top of that!

Wish me luck and I will keep everyone posted!!!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Good luck with it. I lived in Michigan City for awhile when I was with a band out there. The summertime is great, but the kooks come out during the winter (locals). I liked the scene out there, but it's not for everyone.

We played out at Valpo a few times, lots of chicks. Cops are dicks out that way, but as long as you stay out of trouble it's all good.

I

imported_snoop

yeah dude, good luck with everything in the future. for a real good person, you deserve a big move in your life for the better(especially the little shit-heads that keep messing with you car). again, good luck and its not like your going to cali or something like that, your only a hour away ya know.

plus, aint VP over in that area somewhere. so fuel runs from you...lol

dizave

Regular
Apr 27, 2008
Sounds like a great gig Mike!

The house situations sound ideal too.

Also let me know if we can meet somewhere so I can get those books back, Melissa has asked me about them and if I tell her you moved to IN she will shoot me. LOL

Send me a PM maybe we could meet in a little closer up north.

Thanks again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info