3800 New project

I

imported_Ron Vogel

How long will it take ZZP to copy this one, LOL.
picture007_2_1.jpg

picture008_2.jpg

picture009_2.jpg

picture010_2.jpg

picture011_2.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It's actually lighter and stiffer than the old one. It still sucks cutting brackets though. I used a sawzall to cut the bracket, then hand filed. I was able to countersink the tubes into the bracket, took some creative drill press work...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Looks pretty good Ron.

Though I'm wondering how well that's going to hold up before those rods start flexing and fatiguing. [/b]

thaey are all under compression/tensionthose 4 stands should be plenty strong

looks great ron...you def chose a non cutting tool friendly shape...lol vertical saw and a decent beltsander would probably make things a bit faster, but who cares! your gonna polish the hell outta that arent ya? :D

I

imported_FastKatt

So, Ron...
You have a back-log of orders for these already?
What are you goin to ask for them?

You need a Gen5 to map out changes for fitment?
I was in Bolingbrook Saturday, friend just had a baby-boy
We took the family to visit for the day

I'm for real, maybe we can hook up, I'll buy ya' a beer or 2 at Crazy Rock or something

Looks great, Home Made Parts FTMFW!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Looks pretty good Ron.

Though I'm wondering how well that's going to hold up before those rods start flexing and fatiguing.
[/b]
They won't, the tube is .125 wall, and the plate is 1/2" thick. I have standoffs on the studs, plust the tubes are countersunk into the plate...it's super stuff. All aircraft quality aliminum.

I forgot to ask, how much clearance is there from the supercharger pulley and the idler pulley?? Looks real close.
[/b]
You can make it whatever you want. It's on an eccentric, and the eccentric has 2" adjustment up and down.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ron's been talking about redesigning this setup for awhile and I'm ecstatic with how it came out. Originally we were talking about mounting a plate on the front of the engine like a gentleman on 3800pro did but for ease of install you really can't beat this.

Talk about innovation, there's nothing like this on the market right now. I'm like a proud parent... errrr... son to have Ron associated with us, especially when he comes up with a winner like this.

Look for these in mass market form soon...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Don't want to sound bitter, but it only took them a week to copy the modded fuel rail design from me...and when I came up with the first version of this a year or so ago they put it up on their website as "coming soon". So, it should be copied pretty quick.

Fortunately, I know the pitfalls of the system and already worked the bugs out. They can figure all that stuff on their own. So if they make one quickly I expect it to have problems. A lot of force is applied to that bracket...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info