3800 Scanners and good gas FTW

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
All last week I was scanning the car with my powertuner. I didnt do any tuning but I tried to kill some of the knock that I had. I was getting a max of 7.5* at WOT.

I picked up a scanmaster (way cooler to monitor KR and other paramiters without having to lug around the laptop) and it arrived today. I ran the wire all sleek like and hooked it up and mounted it on the steering column. I also filled up yesterday at Shell instead of the normal Speedway I goto.

Here was the max KR on the way to work. This thing also has a recall feature so Im not trying to stare at the scanmaster while going WOT. Takes the highest KR point and the O2 level that WOT and saves them.

ATT16907687.jpg

Shell>Speedway. Killed 4* of KR alone by switching gas.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If you have been running Speedway a lot, run a can of Techron through the tank. Once it's been run through with fressh gas, you'll probably have even less KR. That cheap gas will leave major carbon sludge on the valves and in the CC.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I got premium at both stations. Only difference is one was Speedway and the other was Shell.

Im no fucking newb here. :p
[/b]
speedway >92 octane
shell>93 octane
:lolsign:

plus I will not go to a station with one hose for all grades(unless im out of town and have no choice), I pick out the ones with 3 hoses, 1 for each grade.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Speedway has always been good to me in the past. Guess Ill clean out the fuel system with Techron and throw in a 180 Tstat and my 104s. Im sure that will do alot. Im gonna throw on the 3.8 MPS pulley anyway but I wanna see what those do for knock on the 3.5.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Never tried speedway ( won't) but a couple weeks ago when I was still having the weird prob. with my fuel pump magically shutting off below 1/4 tank, I accidentally let it get to low and knew I wouldn't make it to my usual BP without it dying. Seeing as I work at Meijer I just went across the parking lot and bought gas at work. Never again. A couple days later I changed the fuel pump. When I pulled the pump out it didn't even smell like gas. At all. Can't even describe what it smelled like, but it sure didn't smell like fuel. The next day I had to pick my mom up for some errands and seeing as I spilled some in the back seat it still reeked. The first thing she asked was "why does it smell like beer in your car?" LOL. I don't think it smelled like beer myself but point is Never EVER put that shit in your tank. And I'll lay odds that Meijer uses the same shit as speedway, etc. I wasn't scanning at the time so I can't compare KR. Needless to say I didn't go past 1/4 throttle. My car gets enough KR running lean as it is. Don't need to run lean on that shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info