3800 Help with resume

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Good... Job....? This area?????? Pick ONE.

This area sucks NUTTS!

I hate it more and more every day. I registed over at the IDES in Kankakee on Schuyler Ave....they have people over there who can assist you with your resume. They also have leads on some of the better paying jobs in our area. I would deffinately recommend checking them out.

I took a placement test to work at Nutra Sweet in Manteno today...I should know something tomorrow.

Are you working now?

Good Luck.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I current;y work in HR (actually being promoted to an HR Manager) and recruiting is part of my job. The BEST tool for updating your resume is yourself. No one else knows you as well as yourself. When I am recruiting for a job, each resume I look at gets a 30-60 second view, and that is it. So, you must make your objective a good one and have the entire page flow well. Professionalism is key, i.e. no crazy fonts, colors or sizes. Also, rule of thumb is ONE page. If you have been in your field for 10 years or longer, then go two pages, but NO more.

I'm exhausted after traveling all this week (sleeping in hotels suck), so I'm going to bed. If you would like a good example of a resume, I can send you mine. I wrote it and had three HR managers edit/review it.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to answer them.

Good luck!

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
I current;y work in HR (actually being promoted to an HR Manager) and recruiting is part of my job. The BEST tool for updating your resume is yourself. No one else knows you as well as yourself. When I am recruiting for a job, each resume I look at gets a 30-60 second view, and that is it. So, you must make your objective a good one and have the entire page flow well. Professionalism is key, i.e. no crazy fonts, colors or sizes. Also, rule of thumb is ONE page. If you have been in your field for 10 years or longer, then go two pages, but NO more.

I'm exhausted after traveling all this week (sleeping in hotels suck), so I'm going to bed. If you would like a good example of a resume, I can send you mine. I wrote it and had three HR managers edit/review it.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to answer them.

Good luck!
[/b]

You got PM

Good... Job....? This area?????? Pick ONE.

This area sucks NUTTS!

I hate it more and more every day. I registed over at the IDES in Kankakee on Schuyler Ave....they have people over there who can assist you with your resume. They also have leads on some of the better paying jobs in our area. I would deffinately recommend checking them out.

I took a placement test to work at Nutra Sweet in Manteno today...I should know something tomorrow.

Are you working now?

Good Luck.
[/b]

Yeah i am working now, I just dont see many oppurtunities to advance at my current company, not to mention the drive to Elgin from Plainfield sucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info