3800 new PB....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
went out to byron yesterday with the mentality of '11's or bust'

lol

well no 11's, but i did accomplish one half of my goal.

the last two track outings ive been experiencing some kind of phantom false knock...i know the car is not detenating back enough to pull 3-5* timing. so something is causing it. i tried everything i know minus zeroing out the knock sensors...

on one scan it showed an average of 13* timing and 9* kr. this was all accomplished with a fat 11.8-12.0 afr.

i dont know wtf is going on, but i said &*^% it and i leaned it out a little more, added 1*timing and ended w/ a 12.4afr and 6* kr. car went 12.162 @ 111. i went 12.1699 a couple weeks ago, and my best trap before was 110. so it got slightly better lol.

during the second run, it popped at the top of 2nd gear like it hit the rev limiter, maybe it did, maybe it was a piston, but when i hold the rpms at like 2500i can hear a random miss, not a dead miss, but something is up. so not wanting to go against my motto, i ran it hard the rest of the day lol. regardless, i planned on pulling the motor next weekend....

my guess is #1 cylinder. whats yours?

:lolsign:

edit for vid

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/phat...nt=MVI_3604.flv

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
nice times, so close to 11s
if i were you i would demod,sell it, buy a 97 gt(coupe) for pennys and throw all your parts on that.
just my $.02
if you do need another block i have a low mileage L32 sitting around we picked up from Ed morad
keep us informed about what went wrong when you tear into it
[/b]

ive thought about that, but im thinking we are going to keep the car, and im going to just go with an l26 block if something is damaged. hell i might even it's it not messed up...i dunno

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
Dan- you more than likely did what I did to my car initially. you just chipped a piston....and the chunk of piston bent eithe you intake or exhaust valve slightly...so you do have some compression on the cylinder(enough to drive normally and not notice), but once you get on it....you feel it.

My advice( DONT FLOOR THE CAR ANYMORE) you will shatter that piston..thus rendering your engine useless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info