3800 Zalman2 Liquid Cooler = the suck!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
after just 1 month of my new PC running.... I come home tonight to hear "beep beep beep" from the basement

go downstairs... water pump failed! fortuanetly the CPU at idle w/just water maintained 70*C so not quite the danger point

312 bux from newegg.... another 50 for the 8800GTS cooling block.... and this system is just junk!

I originally had it setup to cool my CPU, GPU, North and South Bridge, plus voltage regular blocks, RAM and Hard Drives .... but it wasn't strong enough and even the instructions said to get an external pump :(

I was able to get it running again by using a magnet (long story short... but i have 125 bux worth of magnets now for a project that I never did lol ... that's 50 8lb pull strength N/S magnets, 1 50 foot length of magnetic strip, 8lb pull per foot, and 50 foot of 4lb/foot magnetic strip) since there are magnets on the impeller

but not happy... spend all this money and not even a month later it fails! (i've had liquid cooling for 4 years now and this is the first failure i've had :( also went liquid w/this box because it's in my entertainment console so it's isolated)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• horist
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list