3800 OMFG KR Pwns me.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Okay, so I really need some help here. As I've posted before I have crap tons of knock, and the car runs lean up top. Thing is it backfires REALLY bad whenever I give it a bit of gas and let off. I'm getting almost 2 degrees of KR at around 50% throttle. LFT sits at 10.2 at idle for Christs sake, and 16.4 at WOT. O2 never gets above 930 and drops as low as 890 up top. I don't get how I can be running lean at WOT, getting up to 5* KR, yet be able to make the car backfire at will. 2* part throttle KR is just stupid.
Mods= FWI, DHP 1.0, 3" DP, 3" Cat-back, high flow cat, STOCK pulley. New o2 sensors, new fuel filter. My goal was originally to be able to run a 3.5. Right now I'd have an orgasm if somebody can help me figure out how to run the fucking stock pulley. I'd give up a testicle for access to a tuner right now.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
I didn't think lean could cause a backfire. I thought that was just rich. I've long held a suspicion that the pump was going out, but the backfiring threw me off of that. I don't have a gauge to check the fuel press. but if being lean can cause a backfire (though I don't see how) maybe I'll just go ahead and replace it. I'll take a gander at the TB gasket as well. Thanx guys. Though I think Ron may have called it since that pump has been in the back of my mind for some time now. Geuss Mike gets some more of my money...LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list