3800 Theoretically speaking....

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Theoretically speaking, if you bought a car that was already modded (lowering springs, painted misc. items, 3"dp w/cat, Autolite 104s, K&N panel, Magnaflow exhaust), bought a (Ford ESP) warranty (one step below the best coverage, 2 above the lowest coverage), and notice that the only thing the warranty states about not covering/voiding the warranty is if an "aftermarket supercharger/turbocharger is added", would they cover the trans if it took a dump?

How about with headers, and a cam?

Is it one of those, you have to find a cool dealer, or...?? I mean, they know they sold a modified car, but I suppose having a louder (and better sounding exhaust), as well as a lope, they will know that something "isnt quite right". Could they prove that it was modified more, or are they sort of screwed?

Cliffnotes: Dealer sells modded car, sells warranty for car, car gets modded more, trans takes a dump, does dealer cover it?

This is all theoretically speaking, I wouldnt want to chance voiding the warranty at all.. my buddy was just wondering. ;)

-Nick

P.S. The supercharger would still have the stock pulley on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list