3800 trouble again

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
I was driving today doing about 75 down a country road and the car just dies. So i roll to a stop and try to start it just cranks. When it died thier was no warning, no smoke nothing just stoped running. I was on the way to a camp ground in wilmington. Had to get it towed back about 40 miles. Anyone know where to start troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

John

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
Im betting fuel pump or resistor without knowing anymore details. If its the resistor, it will start but die. So pointing to the pump in this case.

Can you hear the pump prime when you turn the key?

Do the basic - check all fuses first.

J.E.T.
[/b]

Yea i can hear the fuel pump when i turn the key. Im going to go out thier now to look at it for awhile. Thanks.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
I forget the fuse but if you bend it, it will make the pump run in high mode all the time. Id check into that. A friend of mine had that happen and he ran his car like this for awhile.
[/b]

I have done that before when my resistor went out and tried it this time but didnt fix my problem. I checked the fuses and didnt see any that were blown.
[/b][/quote]

CPS maybe?

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I forget the fuse but if you bend it, it will make the pump run in high mode all the time. Id check into that. A friend of mine had that happen and he ran his car like this for awhile.
[/b]

I have done that before when my resistor went out and tried it this time but didnt fix my problem. I checked the fuses and didnt see any that were blown.
[/b][/quote]

CPS maybe?
[/b][/quote]
Thats the samething that happen to me and it was the (CPS) Crank positioning Sensor its right by the Harmonic Balancer 30 bucks at Autozone. you have to take off the passenger front tire off. I did throw a code before and thats how I knew what it was the car just shuts off while driving at high speeds. I had the car towed to the dealer the next day the started before the fixed it must have reseted or something

Good Luck Lee

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
Yea Aaron is a good guy. The car is running pretty good but i have the stock injectors in with that pcm that is locked. I have the zzp pcm here tuned for the injectors but it doesnt run with them in. I would really like to get them in and the car running better. Let me know if you have anytime and we could meet up and maybe swap the injectors out and mess with the pcm. Thanks

John

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
I didnt see the wires that were melted he said the coating melted and then blew the injector fuse under the hood. He said he saw thier was no injector pulse so he started from thier. I would recommend them to anyone nice people and great work.

That problem must have been hard to find. Was the insulation stripped or something?
[/quote]

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
I didnt see the wires that were melted he said the coating melted and then blew the injector fuse under the hood. He said he saw thier was no injector pulse so he started from thier. I would recommend them to anyone nice people and great work.

That problem must have been hard to find. Was the insulation stripped or something?
[/quote]

aaron is an electrical guru. he is a genious when it comes to electrical problems. i often call him when im at work, working on something and he can help me to the next step lol.

like my dumbass who didnt have a meter to ohm out my injecotr...turns out i have a bad 42.5...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info