3800 E85

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I thought i heard a screaming from up north. It must have been your head gaskets. :lolsign: I keep seeing people running it with success but id be afriad to do it without 60+ injectors and a complete fuel system that is ok to run E85 with. And its kind of hard to find. <_< What pulley is that on ron?
[/b]
2.8 pulley, but I have a boost a pump and better than average 42's on. I would suggest 60-65# injectors though.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

<div class='quotemain'>
thats pretty damn sweet. but what places carry E85...??? thinking of having them convert mine while its at zzp. why not gain more HP and save on gas... what more can you ask? haha
[/b]
not somting i would recommend without a tuner. The trips to zzp will kill you when you need it adjusted.
[/b][/quote]
Yup, best bet would be to have 2 tunes.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
thats pretty damn sweet. but what places carry E85...??? thinking of having them convert mine while its at zzp. why not gain more HP and save on gas... what more can you ask? haha
[/b]

you're really not going to save $$. you'll go through E85 faster. It has a higher octane rating, but less power. couple that with the fact that most places in chicagoland only have it priced maybe 10-12 cents cheaper per gallon, and the only real gains you might see would be performance, if you keep the tune right.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Are you watching EGT's? I guess with everything else you are looking at, like A/F and knock, EGT should be in-line.

I'd liked to convert to E85, but I don't have the time to tune, tune, tune. I'd worry about high EGT's melting the catalytic converter. Besides the tune and injectors, what else is needed?

FYI, Gas City's carry E85 and right now it's running 50 cents less than regular. Add 30% to the price (due the loss in fuel economy) and it costs more than premium, but is much higher in octane. E85 only makes sense if you take advantage of the octane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info