3800 Squeaky tensioner

My tensioner is squeaking. If your looking at the belts over the passenger side wheel, it is the belt the supercharger is on and it the tensioner to the lower right.

Am I replacing or re-greasing something. It sounds like a bad bearing or metal to metal squeaking, getting louder everyday.

Well I'm gonna start screwing with it now, leave a suggestion and hopefully I come back in a good mood.

Jeremy

oh yeah replace it soon. if not the bearing will seize up, like mine did, and the belt will most likely snap because of the friction. then you have no boost... ill try and get you a price from work tomarrow for a new metal one.
[/b]

Sweet, thanks dude.

Where you working now? Havn't talked to you in a while.

While your at it I have a nice parts list I need to get, left lower control arm, right front hub, vavle gaskets, LIM gaskets. The dam thing is getting old and needs some freshing up.

If your at an auto parts place I can always stop in there and see you too.

May 24, 2007
I work at the Just Tires in Oswego. across the street from portillos and BP. where the new Meijer is. douglas and 34. i work tomarrow 10-6. stop by anytime if you can and i can check the prices.

hell i live right down the street from you.... take concord past gordon to monarchos and you found me :lolsign:

I work at the Just Tires in Oswego. across the street from portillos and BP. where the new Meijer is. douglas and 34. i work tomarrow 10-6. stop by anytime if you can and i can check the prices.

hell i live right down the street from you.... take concord past gordon to monarchos and you found me :lolsign:
[/b]

I'll try and stop in, I get off at 5 in Naperville. I'll try and get out a little earlier and try to catch you.

If it's really "Just Tires" how can you get all those other parts? Are you getting a discount from auto parts vendors?

May 24, 2007
dont let the name fool you my friend. we do more than just tires. besides the wheel hub and LCA's are parts that either me or the other alignment tech would order. we have to replace those when they wear before we can do an alignment on a car. so its not; not normal to order those parts. as for the gaskets ive ordered gaskets for myself so dont worry. just give me a call tomarrow ill stick around

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list