3800 well got back from michigan last night!!

I

imported_1fastGTP

well i went to zzp for a dynotune friday morning, nice guys. i made it to there building and was put right onto the dyno. they asked me what was done etc.. along with trans and i stated i had 3.29 1" chain and the 300m input shaft that i got from them that was built by WBS with a 3k stall. well they were trying to figure out what was going on with my car... since my car just kept shooting up 6500RPM right off the bat if you gas it... when the mph wasnt with it tho. and there 1st thought was the trans was slipping... and then they realized that this stall wasnt a 3k... it was more of a 4400 or even higher!! because of this... they werent able to really work to much with it.. i managed to get 338whp... not what i wanted to leave with... but turbo tim, matt m, and zoomer stated this car should be pushen around 430whp with the right stall/the 3k that was suppose to be in there...

heres the dyno chart...
DSCN0951.jpg

I

imported_1fastGTP

330WHP, weak.

I hope you get to the bottom of this!
[/b]

yeah tell me about it. my gas milage sucked!! cruising at 80mph all the way home with justin. me and him filled up at the same time, i was empty and he still had a half tank!! for a full 6 hour drive i was at 3kRPM!!! it was bad... and my trans was pretty hot... since the bigger the stall the hotter it gets. ill pull up the dyno video and ill make a rpm video so you can see how bad it is.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Shawn, I stalled that converter in the parking lot and it brake stalled at 3200rpm. Flash stall is generally lower. It's not the converter unless it magically got loose with time. :)

If you had accidentally received a 4400+ rpm converter it would have no lockup and that would be obvious. It would be the tell-tale sign. Even at that, it wouldn't zip up to 6500rpm.

I just sent you an email. When you get a moment drop me a response. I'd like to see the car.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Shawn, I stalled that converter in the parking lot and it brake stalled at 3200rpm. Flash stall is generally lower. It's not the converter unless it magically got loose with time. :)

If you had accidentally received a 4400+ rpm converter it would have no lockup and that would be obvious. It would be the tell-tale sign. Even at that, it wouldn't zip up to 6500rpm.

I just sent you an email. When you get a moment drop me a response. I'd like to see the car.
[/b]

email replied.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Shaun, I can't any longer today but perhaps I can ride the bike out there and check it out one day this week.

Has it been this bad on gas since you got it back or is this something new?
[/b]

the gas has always sucked since the new trans was put in... it was untuned etc.. so its going 3x better with the tune. the rpms shouldnt be at 3k cruising 80 tho... justins was at around 2k.. so that could explain a big factor with the gas... the trans gets hot pretty fast also... so i have no clue on what this could be. if you look on club gp i put up 2 videos of the speedo... so thats another look at it..(racing section) keep me posted with the emails.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
still good number, but that just tells you that your motor is built up well man. fwiw i have a 2750 stall and 3.29's and i am at about 2800 to 2900 at 80 mph. something doesnt seem right man...i agree that you would know with certainty if the stall is over 4k. it would take a shit load to get the car to move, and you probably wouldnt even have od? i dunno

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well, I'll be in Hinkley this afternoon Shaun. If you want to swing out that way I can have a look at it.

It's not the converter. If it was the converter it would be beyond noticable. There would be no lockup. Like I said, I distinctly remember brake stalling that converter in the parking lot after I got back from the test drive.

I have a lot of respect for ZZP and what they've done but I'm going to respectfully disagree with this diagnosis since I'm the one that had my head under the hood of the car.

Go on Club GP and search for ZZP PCMs and look at all the issues people have with their transmissions not shifting properly...

I

imported_1fastGTP

Well, I'll be in Hinkley this afternoon Shaun. If you want to swing out that way I can have a look at it.

It's not the converter. If it was the converter it would be beyond noticable. There would be no lockup. Like I said, I distinctly remember brake stalling that converter in the parking lot after I got back from the test drive.

I have a lot of respect for ZZP and what they've done but I'm going to respectfully disagree with this diagnosis since I'm the one that had my head under the hood of the car.

Go on Club GP and search for ZZP PCMs and look at all the issues people have with their transmissions not shifting properly...
[/b]

i have work 4-10. and thats like 40mins away from my house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info