3800 Raced my buddies '69 Chevelle

I

imported_Ron Vogel

My best friend finally got his car out tonight. Just got done putting in a zz454 440hp. It's really not set-up for dragging yet, but it has that monster motor in it. He's got 4 speed with a 3.08 final gear. On the way up to streets on 355, we did a stab at around 60 mph...and I put buslengths on him; but he also didn't downshift. After streets, we went over to Strats. On the way back home on 83 I was behind him at a light...he took off, and I stayed on his bumper...but didn't gain.

We hit the light at 83 and Plainfield and went balls out. I pulled on him a little, but not much. We got up to about 90ish and shut down, I probably only had about a car on him. Definately a good race. With a little bigger carb and some better gearing that thing should be a rocket. I was definately impressed!

This is the longest he's ever owned a car, and he put a lot of time into it. Tell you what, wherever we parked everyone walked up to it. Says something for classics.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yup, He got the crate motor for it over the winter. The motor is pretty dialed in, he got a BG 770 CFM carb specifically set-up for that motor, and a MSD electronic distbutor for it. I think the thing just needs a little more gear, and should be running higher than a 900cfm carb.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list