3800 New tire question?

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
I need to purchase some new winter tires for my stock 16" wheels and I would like to purchase them now because I have the money, but they won't be put on the GP until early October.

My question is if I buy the tires now and get them mounted/balanced, but store them in my garage until October, can/will anything bad happen to the tires (i.e. warpage, etc.)?

BTW, the tires I am purchasing are Falken Ziex ZE-512 245/50ZR-16.

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
I need to purchase some new winter tires for my stock 16" wheels and I would like to purchase them now because I have the money, but they won't be put on the GP until early October.

My question is if I buy the tires now and get them mounted/balanced, but store them in my garage until October, can/will anything bad happen to the tires (i.e. warpage, etc.)?

BTW, the tires I am purchasing are Falken Ziex ZE-512 245/50ZR-16.
[/b]

going wide isnt good in the winter, go with the 225/60/16 stock size

and the 512's suck in the snow, i had them on my bonneville thru the winter and hated them.

May 24, 2007
I actually liked the ze-512's in the winter. it might depend on the driving style i guess. i take it easy in the snow and i see tons of people driving like idiots and bumping into things when they start to spin out.

Honestly nothing will happen really. like james said keep them in bags to help prevent dryrotting.

honestly though if you have the cash id just buy the Goodyear Assurance Tripletread's.
1. they have better ratings than the 512's
2. they last hell of a lot longer.
3. they last hell of a lot longer!
i believe the 512's are only like a 25k mile tire where the Tripletread's are a 80k mile tire with 10 out of 10 in dry wet and snow traction 9 out of 10 in quiet and comfort.

sorry i work at just tires..... :lolsign:

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
I actually liked the ze-512's in the winter. it might depend on the driving style i guess. i take it easy in the snow and i see tons of people driving like idiots and bumping into things when they start to spin out.

Honestly nothing will happen really. like james said keep them in bags to help prevent dryrotting.

honestly though if you have the cash id just buy the Goodyear Assurance Tripletread's.
1. they have better ratings than the 512's
2. they last hell of a lot longer.
3. they last hell of a lot longer!
i believe the 512's are only like a 25k mile tire where the Tripletread's are a 80k mile tire with 10 out of 10 in dry wet and snow traction 9 out of 10 in quiet and comfort.

sorry i work at just tires..... :lolsign:
[/b]

ill vouch that the 512s dont last for SHIT either

id highly suggest the tripletreads too, way better tire

and i work at sears automotive hehe

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the info!

I found a great deal on 225/60HR/16 Goodyear Assurance Tripletreds for $105.00 each plus a $40 mail-in rebate. The total cost should be just under $500, which includes the mounting/balancing too.
[/b]

Where is this deal that? I think I am also going to buy winter tires this year.
[/b][/quote]

Here is the link on tirerack.com:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...es&place=11

They are $105 each plus about $40 shipping ($460), minus the $40 rebate is $420. I am going to have them shipped to NTB and get them mounted/balanced for $12/tire. Add on misc. fees, taxes, etc. and you're at around $500 total.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the info!

I found a great deal on 225/60HR/16 Goodyear Assurance Tripletreds for $105.00 each plus a $40 mail-in rebate. The total cost should be just under $500, which includes the mounting/balancing too.
[/b]

Where is this deal that? I think I am also going to buy winter tires this year.
[/b][/quote]

Here is the link on tirerack.com:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...es&place=11

They are $105 each plus about $40 shipping ($460), minus the $40 rebate is $420. I am going to have them shipped to NTB and get them mounted/balanced for $12/tire. Add on misc. fees, taxes, etc. and you're at around $500 total.
[/b][/quote]

Tirerack also has a deal on Blazzacks... $79 each I think.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Mike - I had my tire rack tires for the GTP delivered and installed at Reber Auto in Barrington. They did an awesome job with the balance and install. It did cost about $100 total. Just an alternative. (I also used them to mount tires on the Bonne.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navcl...294582159639097

BTW - I'll give you a call later today about my long pver due detailing. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info