3800 Anyone know of any good jobs?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
My Fiance is job hunting. She graduated with a bachelor's in math and science from Judson College, think pre med. And then spent the spring obtaining her EMT-B license. My Mom suggested Pharmaceutical Sales, she could go on to be a Paramedic, etc... Any suggestions or know of any good jobs. We live on the south side.

Thanks,

John

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Pharm sales is hard to get into, you need to have connections to get a decent income. I would start it ASAP if she is young enough and can handle a 20-30K position for a few years...but an established rep can make 6 figures easy.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Either way, sales jobs are usually a good way to build income, but outside (field) sales can be a rough way to start. Inside sales is a great way to get experience, so it might be a good route. Ususally commissions are lower, but the base salary is enough to make a living on. I took an inside sales position a few years back that had a base of $30K + 4% commission...worked it hard and got my annual income to $70 to 90K on that alone. It can be a good gig if you land in the right spot at the right time. Always do research on a company and the demand for it's products before the interview...

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Mostly waitressing, some other odds and ends. Internship at Rush Hospital, Brand Ambassador for Jack Daniels, etc...

She got a call back from a paid per call FD to do EMT work today. They are going to train her to be a FF. And she is pretty excited about that, so for now maybe that is her direction...

John

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
She got a call back from a paid per call FD to do EMT work today. They are going to train her to be a FF. And she is pretty excited about that, so for now maybe that is her direction...

John
[/b]

Good luck. Just to let her know that she's going to have to be ready to not only meet the physical demands but also the mental and emotional demands. Seeing the crappier side of life on an everyday basis will take its toll on a person.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• EmersonHart13
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list