3800 suspension gurus step inside

I

imported_GraFFix

I think the side to side could be the lower control arm?

The up and down could be the strut mount or ball joint?

Do you see anything moving...I had something similar to that but on the rear tires and couldnt figure out what it was...what I did was jack the car up then took another jack and took some weight off the rear axle buy jacking up the rotor. then I wiggled it and saw exactly what was loose.

try it with the front...jack the car up and suspend the front tires then toss another jack under the control arm to take some of the hanging weight off of the front suspension ill bet youll be able to see whats loose.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotemain'>
Side to side is tie rods

top and bottom is ball joints/wheel bearing
[/b]
X's 2

most common is outer tie rods so check that. and most likely your wheel bearing
[/b][/quote]

x3, I had a bad balljoint and a bad outer tie rod on opposite sides of one another, replaced them, put the car back together, and then I found out I had a bad balljoint on the other side of the fixed one and a bad outer tie rod on the other side of the new tie rod. :eek: Needless to say, the two I replaced first were the worst which is why I didnt notice the 2 other bad items.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Ron's got a baby and a 7 or so year old son. I'm surprised he accomplished and helped people out as much as he did. He dedicated a lot of time on his car and others. I think its just catching up to him and now he has to take care of other matters. Just my theory.

How about Charles? What ever happened to him?

Oh, outer tie rods are a bitch to take out from my experience. Easy enough to get at but hard to take out. Make sure you mark the threads of where the old one screwed up to. This will save you an alignment job.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info