3800 Employment law questions

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
What actions can be taken against an employer that consistantly bounces payroll checks or gives paycheck several days late? Is there any recourse if as a result of a bounced payroll check your bank account is overdrawn causing you to bounce checks? Would the situation be helped if I have evidence to prove that he knows the payroll account is overdrawn prior to even distributing paychecks?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
If he's intentionally writing rubber checks it's bank fraud. If you're getting hit with overdraft fees because of him tell him that he needs to start coughing those fees up. There's no reason a viable company should be bouncing payroll checks. I can't imagine the payroll is that large where you work so I'd suspect that they might be in a bit of financial trouble if that's the case.

I assume you guys are an authorized dealer and not corporately owned?

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Mike, it is an exclusive dealer, not corporate. I have a couple interviews setup with corporate stores next week to get out of this place.

Basically since the new owner bought the place it has been going downhill because he refuses to spend any money (marketing/advertising/inventory). I have been workin 50-60 hours a week just to keep the store going because we only have three employees right now including the owner that doesn't do shit. I have letters from the bank that were recieved the day before paychecks were given showing the payroll account $1100 overdrawn, so he blatantly wrote bad checks.

I guess my major concern right now is with making sure my bills are paid on time. Well as a result of late/bounced paychecks I have had to make payments late, which accrued late charges/interest as well as negatively affect my credit. Im wondering if there is anything that can be brought against him because of the negative credit and interest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list