3800 My new '03 GTX

GeddyLee

Apr 1, 2008
I wanted to share with you all my new '03 GTX (SC) Grand Prix.

I washed and clay barred her yesterday, but the idiots at the car dealerhship over did their buffer work and left some serious swirl marks on the hood and trunk area. So this morning I washed her again and clayed barred the hood and trunk area a second time. Then used that Re Nu* (the orange bottle stuff) to help with removing the swirls. Needless to say it worked out quite well. I then of course "Ice"(d) her down and buffed her really good and the difference is quite evident.

I removed the SLP airbox in favor of my Thrasher CAI box. I am going to modify it to work with the Ram Air hood so that its functional again :) And I added the MAP throttle body shield as well.

I whited out the license plate cause its still my "old" GP tags from the 98. So it just didnt seem right to show that.

Anyways enjoy

GTXPF02.jpg

GTXFC07.jpg

GTXDF03.jpg

GTXRR04.jpg

GTXARF05.jpg

GeddyLee

Apr 1, 2008
looks good.

also I modified my thrasher for my hood and it seems to work alright.

Ram air is somewhat of a silly idea on a tranverse mounted forced induction motor anyway.
[/b]

I would tend to agree with your statement on that. But it came with the car, so I might as well make good use of it. Just gotta find some spongie tubing and use my dremil to cut out a nice circle in the plexieglass. I just hope the plexiglass with hold upto the cutting. I think it should if I go slow eoungh.

Only time will tell :)

If you want to pass on some tips on what you did to modify your's I would love to hear it.

Many thanks :)

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
mine held up pretty well.

just measure your donut and make it kind of smaller so it fits tight.

A dremil should work fine.

And my hood dropped my IATs 10* all across the board, so it must help somewhat. Wheither it was because of the hood vents or the actual ram air I dont know. Or maybe carbon fiber insulates less than fiber glass?

Either way I dont think its a bad idea to go ahead and modify the thrasher.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, Id steer away from cutting up the thrasher lid. IIRC wizbang cut up a wizair for ram air and it actually hindered the cool air.

Also make sure the heat shield is very secure. Just a little bit of play will make it slap the crossover causing false KR.

GeddyLee

Apr 1, 2008
Yeah, Id steer away from cutting up the thrasher lid. IIRC wizbang cut up a wizair for ram air and it actually hindered the cool air.

Also make sure the heat shield is very secure. Just a little bit of play will make it slap the crossover causing false KR.
[/b]

The replacement for the Thrasher plexiglass is like $15, so its no major loss. The heat shield is secured on nice a tight, and its its got good space between the crossover and the shield, at least 1 finger space worth. I will find out on Tuesday night when I go race her for the first time.

GeddyLee

Apr 1, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

The replacement for the Thrasher plexiglass is like $15, so its no major loss. The heat shield is secured on nice a tight, and its its got good space between the crossover and the shield, at least 1 finger space worth. I will find out on Tuesday night when I go race her for the first time.
[/b][/quote]

No edit feature :eek:

If I make the seal right and its tight on both end, glass and hood mounts, it should be ok. I will keep everyone informed :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info