3800 My comp G's resurection

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
already got his block out bob's a cool guy some pics of the pieces parts...

MyCompGsresurection.jpg

IMG_5928.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

let the fun begin... :blink:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hey looks like whats in my back seat right now...
what... back seat m90?
thats rights james![/b]

oh shit :unsure: didja get the indiana stuff?

It's nice to see some progress after all these months. I look forward to having it running again. It's amazing to see more done on it these past two days than in almost a year. [/b]

those are just some of the pics

today the engine got cleaned up and painted, stock cam the comp lifters (they didnt tick before so they better not...) oil sender, the harmonic dampner and all the rusty parts were wirewheel'd and painted

the head's face etc still have to be cleaned 90lbers swapped for his stockers

steve should have the o2 sensors and money for headbolts by tomarrow evening...

you have to help clean the engine compartment bob....it's supposed to be a clean 17kmile car... :p

edit: big thanks to dennis for a hand...he actually got dirty

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ok sam start cleaning porting and polishing and get back to me when your done... say about winter? :p

bob i dont know my hours today but i'll give you a call

steve if you have the mps removal plate it would save me time from having to make my own...

later i have brake lines on the work truck to do and some welding in the shop (i have to make some steps for my old mans new semi and i need to finish proudfoots custom swingarm for his goldwing)

yay rain! <_<

edit:

oh i fergot....i slept with a purdy IS3 cam last night... :lolsign:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Yeah he is Fish.

James, I will be bring the MPS removal plate with me. ;) [/b]

sounds good looks like hopefully the engine will be in by wed....hopefully

James, when do you have get togethers to work on beasts?? Maybe shoot me an address and I can come out and chill/help this week. [/b]

pretty much whenever we're in the garage... call me pm'd

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well the heads have been disassembled cleaned rust cleaned off etc etc and valves lapped lub'd and assembled

they need to painted to match the block, but they are clean at least lol

i have to borrow a Tq wrench from a buddy but i did find my Tq angle gauge which Fish and DD were wondering how you do 35 ft lbs and 130* :lolsign:

anyways gotta go to work...12 safety rails to install...pluss more welding! yay! today might be a long day bob just so ya know...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah...i know :lolsign:

alan thinks he has that ford motorsport AC delete, Schlimbilt idler setup at his apartment...i just finished setting up his new 3.73 rearend gears and auburn lsd, full bearing and seal kit, a few days ago

i got off work so late tonight all we did was paint the heads and throw them on the block...i'm too tired to trust myself to Tq the heads down

sorry bob hopefully i can get off work at a decent time tomarrow...

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
i got off work so late tonight all we did was paint the heads and throw them on the block...i'm too tired to trust myself to Tq the heads down

[/b]

I understand. I know you have your own stuff to tend to. Did steve get the O2 sensors to you yet? I don't what him to loose them like he lost the head stud and nuts.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I understand. I know you have your own stuff to tend to. Did steve get the O2 sensors to you yet? I don't what him to loose them like he lost the head stud and nuts.
[/b][/quote]
The o2 sensors are sitting safely at Voytek's house, he got them out of the garage yesterday for me and I am bringing them out to James tonight after work.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well i worked my ass off yesterday and earned today off, sorry bob i was so tired last night AL and i rented eragon and passed the fuck out lol

we are however in the garage today...after we went to harbor freight and picked up a new 40$ RC helicopter...to replace the one Al broke :lolsign:

so yeah...i am actually working on it today...and thankfully i only have to work monday and then i'm off till the next monday ;)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
James,

Ed got back to me about that stock maf connector, it's on it's way. If there is anything else you can think of thatyou need, let me know [/b]

cool right now i'm sitting down letting my back rest up, dont worry i wont be sleeping in too late :lolsign: ...the goal is the have the 442 in the garage by saturday...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info