3800 Finally got it

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Install was a snap but damn i couldnt believe the 45 min security relearn. Anyways i am likin what i felt so far after my quick little run around the burg. I think this weekend i may be doing my pulley swap but that depends on the weather and my patience. I know the PCM is programed for the 3.4 pulley and all but it wouldnt hurt me to run my stock pulley would it, till this weekend at least? i doubt it will make a difference but i just thought id ask since this is the furthest ive taken my GP in terms of mods (im a noob in terms of modding). I cant wait to feel the full potential of the PCM when i get that pulley on......Why didnt i make this purchase earlier, i dont know????

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Well i am a little upset, i got out of work early and on the way home my check engine light comes on! ugghhh! I do the whole onstar thing and the lady tells me that there is a problem with my exhaust emissions system, which i dont understand b/c i never had a problem before i installed the PCM. So i am at a loss here. Does this make any sence to anyone? I cant tell if its a result of the PCM or if theres a problem with my car. Any help would be great b/c if i cant figure this shit out im gonna go back to my stock PCM.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
its probly just a rear o2
go to autozone and get the exact code and look it up. if it is the rear o2 it isnt the end of the world. most of us delete it anyways.
[/b]

I was thinking the same thing. It was right after i got on it WOT. I dont know if it was just the weather or what but i cant stand the hesitation when its this muggy out, the car is a whole different beast at night though. I wont be able to get the code b/c i disconnected the negative cable from the battery it cleared the code out and i just got back a quick run to see if i could throw it again and sure enough it didnt :D . If it comes back on then ill go get the exact code.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
You do understand that when you go wot at certain speeds you will get the skip shift. If will slightly hesitate then bam your gone!
[/b]

That could very well be b/c i turned right off RT 59 onto Golf and hammered it and had to let off mid gear b/c there was a 50 up the road! Good thing i spotted him b/c i couldnt afford a ticket now! Thanks for the heads up!

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Well i got the 3.4 on now. Pulley swap= 30 mins, trying to get the belt back on= 2 hours! hahaha! My car did not have a damn diagram sticker anywhere. I guess they dont put them on the newer cars anymore huh?
[/b]

a 3.4 is alot of pulley for a gen v blower.
have you scanned your car for knock? I bet it's knocking :blink:
for your mods you should really be running a 3.5

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotemain'>
Well i got the 3.4 on now. Pulley swap= 30 mins, trying to get the belt back on= 2 hours! hahaha! My car did not have a damn diagram sticker anywhere. I guess they dont put them on the newer cars anymore huh?
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I havent scanned but the car is running pretty good. Does anyone else think the 3.4 is a bit much? I mean to me it doesnt seem like much of a difference 3.4 vs 3.5. I know i should probobly change my S/C oil now that its gonna be spinning faster but does .1 make much of a difference?

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I havent scanned but the car is running pretty good. Does anyone else think the 3.4 is a bit much? I mean to me it doesnt seem like much of a difference 3.4 vs 3.5. I know i should probobly change my S/C oil now that its gonna be spinning faster but does .1 make much of a difference?
[/b][/quote]

I pickup 4*'s of knock going from a 3.4" to a 3.3" pulley and thats not a big difference right?
you can only run about 11.8/12.3lbs of non-intercooled boost before you start knocking on a stock cam car.
I bet you're hitting 13.3/13.8lbs between 5000/6000rpms.

remember the gen v blower generally makes an entire pound more boost at the same pulley size as a gen 3.

then again you could have one of thos freaks that never seems to knock but I wouldn't count on it.
you NEED to get it scanned asap.

for all you know you might have 8* of knock.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I pickup 4*'s of knock going from a 3.4" to a 3.3" pulley and thats not a big difference right?
you can only run about 11.8/12.3lbs of non-intercooled boost before you start knocking on a stock cam car.
I bet you're hitting 13.3/13.8lbs between 5000/6000rpms.

remember the gen v blower generally makes an entire pound more boost at the same pulley size as a gen 3.

then again you could have one of thos freaks that never seems to knock but I wouldn't count on it.
you NEED to get it scanned asap.

for all you know you might have 8* of knock.
[/b][/quote]

Ok your talking way over my knowledge level! The car runs really strong so i would imagine if i was experiencing knock i would notice a fall off in my power but then again your right i should scan to make sure but that brings me to another problem, i dont own a scanner or know anyone that has one. If anyone is willing to help me out feel free to let me know!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
One more thing i forgot to ask! When you go look at the description of the DHP V1 it says its set-up for the supporting mods and a 3.4 pulley which is why i have a hard time believing what your saying! But as i said in the previous post your RIGHT i should SCAN but thats a little hard without a scanner!
[/b]
its an "off the shelf" file, not a custom one. the settings it comes with help in the areas that need some changing to support the engine modifications.
When i installed my original 1.0 file my car leaned out and had more knock then i had to begin with. Somthing to keep in mind.
You need to get a full scan, i would not be beating(going WOT) on the car until then.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
<div class='quotemain'>
One more thing i forgot to ask! When you go look at the description of the DHP V1 it says its set-up for the supporting mods and a 3.4 pulley which is why i have a hard time believing what your saying! But as i said in the previous post your RIGHT i should SCAN but thats a little hard without a scanner!
[/b]
its an "off the shelf" file, not a custom one. the settings it comes with help in the areas that need some changing to support the engine modifications.
When i installed my original 1.0 file my car leaned out and had more knock then i had to begin with. Somthing to keep in mind.
You need to get a full scan, i would not be beating(going WOT) on the car until then.
[/b][/quote]

Well i would love to get the car scanned! Do you have any suggestions as to who to see? Somebody who likes helpin peeps out with no cost ie id buy a case of beer for some one who'd help me out with this if its something you say needs to be done! But if money were an issue ok i know nothing is FREE!!!!!!!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
buy a scanner
this is one thing you should not go cheap on. sell one of your other mods if its a cost thing.
once modding you should be scanning pretty often, if somthings going wrong you can see it ahead of time instead of doing damage.
getting a scan one time does not mean that is how it is running all the time.
04+ seem to have more knock issues then other models, why take such a risk?

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
buy a scanner
this is one thing you should not go cheap on. sell one of your other mods if its a cost thing.
once modding you should be scanning pretty often, if somthings going wrong you can see it ahead of time instead of doing damage.
getting a scan one time does not mean that is how it is running all the time.
04+ seem to have more knock issues then other models, why take such a risk?
[/b]

I guess i based all my purchases off what others said! Not to mention the whole DHP description! If i bought anything itd be that little guage i forgot what its called but i saw it on PFYC and you can mount it in your air duct on the 04 models. I just wish i could get a little help in terms of scanning b/c im not about to spend 300 bucks and wait 4 weeks to get it. I mean it took about a month to get my PCM from WBS! IF you wanna help me out with a scanner i would be more than willing to meet up! I doubt its much of a burden to help someone out in terms of scanning or tuning!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I though you were on clubgp.com??

Running a 3.4 pulley is not a good idea! There is not a big 04+ crowd in this forum but if you go to clubgp in their 04 section there is plenty of info. Not taking anything away from anyone in here because they know their shit also!! The pre 04 GTP's came with a different generation supercharger (blower). I run a 3.6 pulley and get about 4-5 degree's of knock. I also have a intake ,dp, and powerlog(v1). Ive ran both DHP and ZZP pcm's and still had almost the same knock. Dont mess up your car because you THINK its running strong.

Where are you located?

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
gah, send me a message when you'd like to meetup.
I'll scan your car because I don't want to see another guy on here crying three months from now because he blew up his motor from running to much pulley :blink:

you "should" be able to run a 3.5" without much knock but like sin247 said.
scan, scan, scan, before anything else.

Running a 3.4 pulley is not a good idea! There is not a big 04+ crowd in this forum but if you go to clubgp in their 04 section there is plenty of info. Not taking anything away from anyone in here because they know their shit also!! The pre 04 GTP's came with a different generation supercharger (blower). I run a 3.6 pulley and get about 4-5 degree's of knock. I also have a intake ,dp, and powerlog(v1). Ive ran both DHP and ZZP pcm's and still had almost the same knock. Dont mess up your car because you THINK its running strong.

Where are you located?
[/b]

:blink: :eek: 4-5 degrees of knock in just a few cells or consistent? how much boost are you seeing?

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
:blink: :eek: 4-5 degrees of knock in just a few cells or consistent? how much boost are you seeing?[/b]

I actually meant to say I saw 4-5 kr on a STOCK pulley. Along with plenty others on clubgp with 04 GTP's & CompG's. Know that I have a 3.6 pulley I still see 4-5kr max on a quick scan. I have not scanned in a long time so I dont have any of my scans saved. The only guys running lil to no kr with a 04 are the guys who are running Full size IC's or have a Powertuner to tune it out a bit. Honestly im done with the car so that is why I dont really scan any more. Either way I did manage to run 14.6 with a intake/dp and 3-5KR. I actually read a email response from wil at Overkill and he mentioned that the 04's specifically the GTP's and CompG's are some of the worst tuned by GM.

BTW I use a Alex Pepper scan tool.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
gah, send me a message when you'd like to meetup.
I'll scan your car because I don't want to see another guy on here crying three months from now because he blew up his motor from running to much pulley :blink:

you "should" be able to run a 3.5" without much knock but like sin247 said.
scan, scan, scan, before anything else.

<div class='quotemain'>

Where are you located?
[/b]

:blink: :eek: 4-5 degrees of knock in just a few cells or consistent? how much boost are you seeing?
[/b][/quote]

Ok i agree with all of you. If your offer to meet up and do a scan still stands i have no problem doing so! I am located in Schaumburg! Let me know if you could help me out, Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info