3800 Anyone want to help me out with rebuild

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
Well, the short story is a member here had my car for almost a year, promissing to put it back together, and never getting anything done. I just got my car back, but the whole engine has to be put back together so I can sell the car. I can't do the work myself, honestly, I'm not skilled enough, and don't have the tools. But if someone wants to help out, we could work out something for the labor. I do need this done pretty fast, I really need to get rid of the car.

LMK if anyone is interested in helping.

Rob

2004 GTP CompG

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
Here is what I was left with

gpengine.jpg

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
how far away from the chicago area are you?
what member had that car for OVER a year? that looks like about a days worth of work to get it running.
if you're not to far from chicago I could get it back together.
[/b]

Miller had the car.

I'm in Hickory Hills Around 95th Street and LaGrange Rd. I really don't have any tools here, only a small ratchet set. If you wanted to work on it, you would either have to bring what you needed, or I could have it towed to you.

Rob

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
Really gives me hope for ever seeing my money...

Funny thing is I saw it coming and still agreed to the transaction that netted me the loss.

Shame on me?
[/b]

He admitted today in email that he did get paid for my heads, but had to pay his own bills with the money, after just last friday telling me he never got paid for them. Supposedly he will have my money when he gets paid next week. If he doesn't get it to me next week, I have no problem taking him to court for it. At least now with todays e-mail from him admitting he took the money, I would have no problem in court.

I just want to be done with this mess...

Rob

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>

Funny thing is I saw it coming and still agreed to the transaction that netted me the loss.

Shame on me?
[/b]

He admitted today in email that he did get paid for my heads, but had to pay his own bills with the money, after just last friday telling me he never got paid for them. Supposedly he will have my money when he gets paid next week. If he doesn't get it to me next week, I have no problem taking him to court for it. At least now with todays e-mail from him admitting he took the money, I would have no problem in court.

I just want to be done with this mess...

Rob
[/b][/quote]

Guess the $500 he got from me wasnt enough.... :angry: :unsure:

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs

Shame on me?
[/b]
Mike, you will get your money, it is just a matter of time. Everytime you have asked me about it I have never denied I owe it, just that I don't have it right now. I am doing all I can right now to just keep my head above water. I have been working 60+ hours every week and am slowly repaying all the debts I have in my life, 35k+ in medical bills and around 5k in personal debts like the one to you. Basically on top of working 60+ I have had to sell off everything I possibly could just to make ends meet every month. If you want, feel free to email me or call and we can talk about it. I'm not running away and hiding from this or anyone else, I know who/what I owe and am more than willing to deal with it until it is resolved.

As far as Rob's car. I was the one demodding the car for him for free because I felt bad I had to back out on purchasing the car from him and I just couldn't get it done. There were always other cars that had to take priority so that I still had some income. Then it got to the point where I was working on customer cars at Outlaw 12 hours a day and the last thing I wanted to do was come home and work on more cars. Finally Rob was getting extremely frustrated with me (rightfully so) and we arranged for the car to be brought back to his house so that some work could actually get done instead of wasting more time with the car sitting at my house. The work that needs to be done on Rob's car is to swap in a stock cam and reassemble the top half of the motor, which is a one day job easily.

If anyone has any questions about this or anything else feel free to email or call, my phone is always on.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Steve, I've been as patient with you as anyone could ever ask and I'm sure you'll remember I was the one that went to bat for you back in the day when you were taking heat.

Nonetheless, I have to admit it's disheartening to never once get contact noting that you're going to take care of this and even moreso to hear on the national forums about your next "project".

I have all the patience in the world if I think that the person is actually making an effort to take care of the debt. Even still, I haven't harrassed you about it.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Steve, I've been as patient with you as anyone could ever ask and I'm sure you'll remember I was the one that went to bat for you back in the day when you were taking heat.

Nonetheless, I have to admit it's disheartening to never once get contact noting that you're going to take care of this and even moreso to hear on the national forums about your next "project".

I have all the patience in the world if I think that the person is actually making an effort to take care of the debt. Even still, I haven't harrassed you about it.
[/b]
The "project" isn't mine. The finances for that are coming from my father and brother, I am simply driving the car.

As far as contacting you about it, I honestly had no idea where we stood with who owed who what, and as soon as you told me I said that was fair and I will get it to you asap. I was supposed to be going into the carpenters union as I told you, however I did a trial week and after three days couldnt keep up because of the stress on my knee, so I am still at T-Mobile.

back to the topic...

Im off wed. if you want I can come out and help you put that SOB back together. I can even bring a friend of mine that knows alittle about the 3800. dont worry though I know it. ;) LMK if you want to do it. I can bring my tools and everything else we may need. and if you have any doubts you can just ask Mike K. Me and my friend brought that rolling chassis back to life that he had in his garage.

rsilva708

Oct 5, 2008
back to the topic...

Im off wed. if you want I can come out and help you put that SOB back together. I can even bring a friend of mine that knows alittle about the 3800. dont worry though I know it. ;) LMK if you want to do it. I can bring my tools and everything else we may need. and if you have any doubts you can just ask Mike K. Me and my friend brought that rolling chassis back to life that he had in his garage.
[/b]

Right now, it looks like xierxior is going to help out. If that falls through for some reason, I'll let you know

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info