3800 i wet my pants

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
went to the auction today to pick up a car that we bought on thursday. i smiled when my boss told me it was a slick lookin black 99 grand prix GTP coupe. when i saw this car my smile grew. but this quickly turned into confusion. for i saw an intercooler, this confusion went away and quickly turned into excitement when i popped the hood of this car and saw polished headers, MSD coils and wires, FWI, a 2.8 pulley, and other shiny cool looking mods. i started it up, and heard the a cam as the car idled. by this time i was itching to let this car go wild on the highway. so i filled gas and went on my way. getting on the highway was a breeze, as my shoulder was pinned to the seat. the only downfall was i didnt get a race from anyone. i was trying to get a mid 90s trans am to run with me, but he wouldnt. prolly scared :ph34r:
today made me realize how badly i want to mod my car. that supercharger really screams with that 2.8 on it.

sadly the car is at a shop getting de-modded. :( my boss isnt giving me any of the mods either, i think hes throwing them on ebay.... <_<

how awesome. that was me (most likely)
[/b]

hahaha! I was tempted to have a go with you when you passed by me, except i had a problem with an angry State Police officer right before i saw you - he was tailing me for about a mile after he passed me and i gave him the 'stinkeye' <_< (obviously running my plate :angry: ) then he pulled off to the right side of the road shortly after that.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Why would you beat on/race a car that isnt yours. What are you gonna tell your boss if something ever broke?

"I was racing this TA on the highway and I blew the motor, im sorry."
[/b]

they are auction cars, they sometimes break down, and my boss knows that. once, on the way back from an auction i had a jetta blow its motor while cruising the highway at a solid 70 MPH. if it does we have it taken back to the auction and return it. when my boss buys a car over $4,000 he only buy them with an auction guarantee.

Why demod a Grand Prix? Won't recover the cost of labor in the selling price. And not selling the parts, so seems like a waste of time and money.
[/b]

he is selling the parts. he just wont give them to me for free. lol
he sells cars to normal ppl that are looking for a DD. if someone comes to see this GP and hears it idle, that will scare them away.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
<div class='quotemain'>
Why would you beat on/race a car that isnt yours. What are you gonna tell your boss if something ever broke?

"I was racing this TA on the highway and I blew the motor, im sorry."
[/b]

they are auction cars, they sometimes break down, and my boss knows that. once, on the way back from an auction i had a jetta blow its motor while cruising the highway at a solid 70 MPH. if it does we have it taken back to the auction and return it. when my boss buys a car over $4,000 he only buy them with an auction guarantee.

Why demod a Grand Prix? Won't recover the cost of labor in the selling price. And not selling the parts, so seems like a waste of time and money.
[/b]

he is selling the parts. he just wont give them to me for free. lol
he sells cars to normal ppl that are looking for a DD. if someone comes to see this GP and hears it idle, that will scare them away.
[/b][/quote]

I WANT IT WITH ALL THE MODDS LET ME KNOW!!!!!

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I WANT IT WITH ALL THE MODDS LET ME KNOW!!!!!
[/b]

i tried calling my boss, but i cant get ahold of him. i dont know if the mechanic started the de-modding yet....ill let u know when i find out what the deal is with this car.

He is going to take out the cam and springs too!???

Lotta work for that amount of money. He is better off just selling it to someone on here complete.
[/b]

he has his own private shop, hes getting all the stuff taken off and replaced with the stock parts for $500, not including parts. plus with the money he gets off selling the parts he wont loose money on this
his plan is to sell it for close to $8,000......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info