3800 NEED HELP

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

my rocker bolts arent that old, and since I'm tearing down my motor, I need to pull the heads. I'll need to at least loosen the rocker bolts to get the push rods out and back in.
So my question is:
Can I reuse the bolts if I put red threadlocker on them?

On a side note, I am using new head bolts like I'm supposed to.

CJ

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
my rocker bolts arent that old, and since I'm tearing down my motor, I need to pull the heads. I'll need to at least loosen the rocker bolts to get the push rods out and back in.
So my question is:

CJ
[/b]
get a set of the comp cams reusable bolts for less hassle in the future

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
So my question is:

CJ
[/b]
get a set of the comp cams reusable bolts for less hassle in the future
[/b][/quote]

X2 This is what I did when I had to replace the motor..

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

yea, once I realized that they were torque to yeild bolts I just ordered another set. I just got the stock bolts cause this is the last time the motor is coming apart. Doing it once, doing it right, and I'm done.

and no, I'm not putting in a cam. :)
CJ

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
yea, once I realized that they were torque to yeild bolts I just ordered another set. I just got the stock bolts cause this is the last time the motor is coming apart. Doing it once, doing it right, and I'm done.

and no, I'm not putting in a cam. :)
CJ
[/b]

WEAK!!! :lolsign:

Glad you decided to get new bolts. They arent that expensive. Its a good piece of mind.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

CJ sorry I did not call you this weekend Ill call you this week to see how it is going
[/b]

it's cool, I got all the accessories, SC, LIM, and front cover off. Put on the new timing chain (old one was stretched pretty good) and got the front cover back on. So today I'm doing the head gaskets and starting to clean so I can paint and get it back together. I decided not to do the rear main seal, it is completely dry and looks in good condition. Besides, you do need a special tool to install it since it is not level with the rear cover. Anyways, it's coming along.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info