3800 How do you gut a catalytic converter?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
If you're putting it back on so it "looks" like it's there you'll want to run a pipe thorugh it to retain flow. It will actually flow less with no catalyst material in there than it will with the material in there unless you run a pipe through it.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
If you're putting it back on so it "looks" like it's there you'll want to run a pipe thorugh it to retain flow. It will actually flow less with no catalyst material in there than it will with the material in there unless you run a pipe through it.
[/b]

he is saying that you just need to get the WBS 3" DP wo/ the cat ;)

which is also what i would reccommend to maintain flow like he said.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
- i'm at a loss on what mods to perform next[/b]

nos.jpg

you need NOS, two bottles, the big ones.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You can seal up the Y pipe on the Pacesetters with proper caution. The problem is exacerbated so that a "fix" can be used as a marketing tool.

I've seen a handful of sets with what I would consider real issues, but that's the exception, not the rule.

The number one marketing tactic these days is touting solutions to non-existent problems.

Nonetheless, Mike's offering a smoking deal on those.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
if you get the slp's, ill get a quote from my cousin to help install these here.

you go on clubgp, search for pacesetters and make your own choice.........imho..slp>>pacesetter.

what, one plug wire sits on the header tube(#4), and many leaks on pacesetters.

stop by, or give me a buzz, we just did header swap on my car 2 weeks ago.

if you get the slp's, ill get a quote from my cousin to help install these here.
you go on clubgp, search for pacesetters and make your own choice.........imho..slp>>pacesetter.
what, one plug wire sits on the header tube(#4), and many leaks on pacesetters.
stop by, or give me a buzz, we just did header swap on my car 2 weeks ago.
[/b]

Thanks, Johnny, i'm on the fence with this now and will keep that in mind.
BTW - did i ever send you those pics of your car/engine?

All in all my car has been very reliable with my current set-up. The last thing i want to do is sacrifice reliabilty for small gains. The kr has to go, but i think that could be fixed with a good Ron Vogel tuning! :cheers:

ps - aren't turbo cars running 12's with PEMs?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info