Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40th Anniversary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
I'm not exactly impartial, but.... well, you can guess.

I agree though, the 40th rims don't do it for me. I'm not into big rims - I'd rather find lightweight rims - but I'm looking for a good set of 17's to replace the stockers.

What's different about the GTX that you prefer?
[/b]

Full GTX package would give me some extra HP, "Ram-Air" hood, and the SLP spoiler which is different than 40th and 500 packages.

oh and better looking wheels, than the 40th at least.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I'm bias, but I would go with the Daytona. However, if you are planning on getting the 2000 daytona, then get the 40th anniversary. I don't like the silver, or the rims on the 2000 daytona.......I have a '98 daytona.
CJ

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
98 daytona>40th>2000 daytona
[/b]

:iagree:

My friennds mom had a 40th and thats what made me want a GP in the first place.

Although as far as interiors go i'd put 98 daytonas last, hardly anything different from a typical GP.

that being said if anybody ever see's a set 2000 daytona seats for sale, LET ME KNOW.
Since there are only 2000 of them, i doubt i'll ever really get that chance.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Full GTX package would give me some extra HP, "Ram-Air" hood, and the SLP spoiler which is different than 40th and 500 packages.

[/b][/quote]
i hope you dont actually think a hood and spoiler help HP.
[/b][/quote]

No, the full GTX/GTP package came with a 3.5 pulley and few other goodies to support it.

If anything I was trying to go with a '02 in any of those two models.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

No, the full GTX/GTP package came with a 3.5 pulley and few other goodies to support it.

[/b][/quote]

not quite sure if this is what you were saying, but if you want an '02, then both daytona's are out for you. They made a '98 (blue) and '00 (silver) They were only those two years, and only in those colors. I'm not sure about the 40th anniversary.

Kyle, you have a point about the color fade, however, the Meguires NXT wax seems to bring it up a bit after a good buff.
CJ

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
exactly, ive never seen a GTX that had the slp pulley with it. not that ive seen thousands in person, but im pretty sure most only have the hood/airbox,spoiler, rims, and tips.

any one have production numbers of any of these cars?
i think that will give you more of an idea if you even have a chance of finding the exact car with those features.

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

not quite sure if this is what you were saying, but if you want an '02, then both daytona's are out for you. They made a '98 (blue) and '00 (silver) They were only those two years, and only in those colors. I'm not sure about the 40th anniversary.

Kyle, you have a point about the color fade, however, the Meguires NXT wax seems to bring it up a bit after a good buff.
CJ
[/b][/quote]

The 40th's only came in Dark Cherry Metallic as fas as I know, and they were obviously only offered in 2002.

Thread Info