3800 Shitty 6 months...

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
The past 6 months have really sucked and just keep getting worse. About 6 months ago my grandma passed away from cancer. About 4 months ago Liz's dad started going in and out of the hospital for a variety of reasons. 2 months ago he was rushed to the hospital and we were told he may not make it through the night. About an hour after being told this we got a phone call saying Liz's uncle died. Her dad lived on life support for nearly a month and about a month ago Liz's family made the decision to remove life support for her dad and he passed away a few hours later. Last week an aunt passed away in hospice care. Yesterday I was at my parents when my dad got a call from my aunt. My uncle was riding a quad on their farm and it flipped over on top of him and he was being airlifted to a hospital in South Bend unconscious. He is conscious today but they still don't know if he will make it. He has a broken neck, skull fractures and internal bleeding, as well as no feeling or movement in his arms. While all of this has been going on in the last 6 months I have been hospitalized 4 times myself. I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take.

I just needed to vent somewhere.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Sorry to hear man. We just found out my 75 year old grandfather (My fathers dad) has lung cancer. He's always been a rock star and hasnt smoked in 25 plus years. My Uncle who was 39 years old when he passed away (My dads Brother) Overdosed on coke & Morphine about 2 years ago. My grandmother died of Lou Gehrigs disease last year (My mothers mom) and about 4 years ago my other grandmother (My fathers Mom) died of emphysema. A lot of Cardiovscular deaths in my family / sicknesses. I need to quit smoking again.

I'm very sorry to hear man.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I know all to well how horrible it is when your family members are sick and/or passing away. The same day my mom passed away, my sister in law's aunt passed and my great uncle passed as well. So 3 in one day! It seems no words can really help people in those difficult times but know that I feel the same pain and I will add you and Liz and your families to my prayers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info