Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decautar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
If you guys don't know I am trying to become a full sworn police officer, I am applying to many different departments to try and get hired. My problem comes from there are two big departments that are testing on the same day and I am confused on which department I should apply for. Its either Decautar or Rockford. Which department do you think would be better based off of your experience just living or going through those towns.

630_GTO

Addict
Nov 6, 2007
Woodridge
hey im going to be a p.o. also, if you didnt know already do to THEBLUELINE.com it has alot youll like it trust me might give you some insight on the differnt departments the normally do, such as mission statements day to day basic briefings on whats its like there, i found it helpful...well good luck with your choice -Kyle-

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
naperville cops make a damm good amount starting......I think around 55k~! Probably hard to get into though but worth a shot!

My two buddies got into CPD a few years ago.....its a long process but they got in.

By any chance do you have a 2 year degree yet? Thats a def plus too!

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
You're going to be busier in Rockford. What's stopping you from hitting up a local Suburb Adam?
[/b]

I am applying every single place that I can, last week I was at Buffalo Grove ($55k starting), two weeks from now I have bensenville.

hey im going to be a p.o. also, if you didnt know already do to THEBLUELINE.com it has alot youll like it trust me might give you some insight on the differnt departments the normally do, such as mission statements day to day basic briefings on whats its like there, i found it helpful...well good luck with your choice -Kyle-[/b]

The blueline is a savior, also check officer.com there are some that show up there but not on blueline. I hope I get to chose what department I get on. Although most of the time that doesn't happen.

naperville cops make a damm good amount starting......I think around 55k~! Probably hard to get into though but worth a shot!

My two buddies got into CPD a few years ago.....its a long process but they got in.

By any chance do you have a 2 year degree yet? Thats a def plus too![/b]

I would assume naperville cops do make bank, I am not worried about the money (although I would like as much as possible).

I wouldn't want CPD, not really fan of that big of department, I would like to know the guys I work with.

I do have a 2 year degree and experience (I am auxilary in my home town Dept). I just really want to get into the career ASAP. Its such a fun and enjoyable job (until bad shit happens, mainly kids getting hurt).

630_GTO

Addict
Nov 6, 2007
Woodridge
oswego has a good younger department and the town tend to take care of the officers real well, pay is average, but they have great benifits

and if your auxilary you already have a huge foot in the door for that dept. good luck man if you get the job maybe you can help me out, haha only i cant be one for a few more months im not 21 yet

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
oswego has a good younger department and the town tend to take care of the officers real well, pay is average, but they have great benifits

and if your auxilary you already have a huge foot in the door for that dept. good luck man if you get the job maybe you can help me out, haha only i cant be one for a few more months im not 21 yet
[/b]

I will apply anywhere I can in all honesty, I just want to get hired really bad. The problem with the department that I am at is that they are already over budget one officer (he was in iraq) so they can't really fire him (don't blame them). My advice is start applying, I am 22 almost 23 and I wish I would have started earlier.

Thread Info