3800 Cleaning ILGPC

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
If you, or someone you know, has 4 posts or less, have them post, or post yourself, otherwise it will be deleted. I am going to run a cleanup to prune anyone that has 4 or less posts... this should clean up the database quite a bit...

The criteria will be..

The last post was before March 1, 2007, and has less than 5 posts.

As of right now, this includes 215 Members....

John

I

imported_1fastGTP

i dont know how many post's they have but just incase please dont delete justin duever or jp korvick. they post once in awhile if they need to sell something or have a few ?'s i dont know there names... one might be jd02prix? and streetracer or somethen for the other. but they are active with meets etc.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I will have no discretion as to who stays and who goes... it is automated.. they must have more than 4 posts, or it will be deleted.. if it gets deleted, and they are a real person who comes ever so often.. they can re sign up.. but I can't pick and choose as it's automated...

Email them.. and tell them, if they don't want me to delete the account.. otherwise it's gotta go..

LPSpeed2... why are you booing?

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Next database pruning will include these criteria...

Last post was before: 06-01-2006
Last Active was before: 08-01-2006

Currently this includes 139 Members

This will be done in a couple of days, so if you, or someone you know is going to be included, please sign in and post, so your account won't be deleted.

John

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Next database pruning will include these criteria...

Last post was before: 06-01-2006
Last Active was before: 08-01-2006

Currently this includes 139 Members

This will be done in a couple of days, so if you, or someone you know is going to be included, please sign in and post, so your account won't be deleted.

John
[/b]

Hey I can post! Guess my account is still alive :D .

I

imported_snoop

johnny, i think that is bogus as hell. i just now started to come back on the boards after getting yet another grand prix. before that, i was away for what, over a years or whatever. so you mean to tell me that you wouldve deleted me if i didnt post? thats bogus as hell for real, what you should do is go back and find out who contributed to the website/forum. you know, gave money out of there pocket to keep this thing going. i know i did back in the day when you were hurtin for money, as well as others. that wouldve frosted my cookies if one day i wanted to say hi after a while, and this site is telling me i am deleted, know what i'm saying? thats how i feel. you should look that up before you do anything.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
hmm...

I have been out of town, more than I have been here lately. I never got around to this, but it will happen.

Snoop, I can understand your stance, and for the most part agree with you. however, everyone here seems to like the speed of ILGPC, and the fact that there isn't spam on the board. This is accomplished by keeping the database clean. Unfortunetly, if I enter a couple of criteria, I can not control the individual pruning of members, it is an all or nothing deal. The way I figure it, if someone doesn't come here for many months, chances are, they won't come back. For the 1 or maybe 2 people who do, it takes nothing more than to re-register, you can even use the same name. For the few users who do come back though, it isn't worth keeping the 200 users taking up space in the database.

Also, I can appreciate those who have donated in the past. But, I can tell you that ILGPC hasn't received a single donation in many many months, and the only thing helping has been company sponsor donations, for which the last company who was doing that, for some reason canceled it. I haven't said anything or removed sponsoring companies, because I don't have much time to dedicate to this board. I have maintained the board, paid for the costs of hosting all without issue, so to keep costs down, in which for the last many months I have paid for myself, it is a necessary process. This is on a dedicated server, on a very fast line, you can imagine that this isn't cheap, yet I have not complained.

I hope this clears things up as to the reasons why I do this. As always I respect and value your opinion. In fact, you don't live so far, we should hook up some time and grab a bite to eat.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info