3800 Anyone else have Aetna insurance??

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I have Aetna, have had it since I started at Univar in Bedford Park back in 2001. I love it, can't beat 100% coverage these days!! That stinks you are having problems finding a doctor, I would recommend my old doctor but she is a little far from you (LaGrange Park). You have gone onto Aetna Navigator to search for those available doctors right?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah. So far Im 0 for 2 on the Navagator. I just want to stop wasting time and copays to find a good doctor. And neither wanted to treat my stye that Ive had for over a year. :angry:

The biggest reason I love this insurance company is because we didnt pay a dime for everything that she had to go through.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Yeah. So far Im 0 for 2 on the Navagator. I just want to stop wasting time and copays to find a good doctor. And neither wanted to treat my stye that Ive had for over a year. :angry:

The biggest reason I love this insurance company is because we didnt pay a dime for everything that she had to go through.
[/b]

Yeah it is hard to pick a new doctor. I am 2 for 2 when picking my OB and Jocelyn's Pediatrician. Cannot complain at all, everything... even Jocelyn's weekly PT is covered and that is so rare now with insurance.

Have you tried maybe like an Urgent Care place and see if they have a list then of internal medicine doctors to choose from. I did that and even though I haven't gone back yet I switched to that Clinic then as my PCP.

There's a ton of dr.'s to choose from on their website, we just can't find a good one for him. I know I'm picky, but the last one acknowledged his stye and did nothing about it. It took a couple of months to get an appointment for a physical, and this was a follow up to treat the stye. And for the physical, they didn't do any blood work and almost forgot to check his bp. I'd send him to my doc, but she doesn't take his ins.
I was lucky with Gabby, I sent her to my ped.(yes, the practice I went to) and they took the ins.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
mine isn't technically an HMO, I have an EPO but similar with the 100% coverage and such... in network/out of network crap sometimes. But they have never given me any hassle and even when they denied a claim or two for Jocelyn I called back and they paid them and said it was their mistake! LOL

I am lucky though, thankfully I started with Univar in IL because I just found out yesterday that the Univar up here is too small of a branch to qualify for the EPO and they have the crappier 80/20 PPO plan here and I am the only one without that one since I kept my IL seniority and employee ID and insurance! ha ha ha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info