3800 Twin Engines

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
I was poking around at pics of the 442 just now. Damn, I gotta see that thing in person. But it got me thinking: How many twin engined car are there out there? Any of you guy know of any others? I know there was a Hyundai Tiburon that competed in Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car competition a few years back. I also know there was a '92 Eagle Talon running twin 300 + HP engines one of the Chicago Club DSM guys built several years ago. The car kinda dissapeared after the guy sold it. No one seems to know where it went. So that makes 3. I'd be curious to know of any others. Oh, and tractor pulls don't count.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well if your just looking at twin transverse engined cars it shortens the list substantially (without the likes of "tv" tommy ivo and others that have built twin engine dragcars, but not neccesarily twin divetrain...)

we are paying homage to a legend of a show/dragcar, the original twin drivetrain 66 Olds 442 "Hairy" Hurst Olds

i can tell you this....we aren't alone in loving twin drivetrains...

in the early 70's when GM was considering killing the corvette for fuel economy reasons GM built two twin drivetrain cars for testing (cost was the project killer on this one) one was a twin 4 cylinder and then there was a twin V6 (2.8L) Citation....and yes it was faster than the vette...

for the SHO fans.... the SHOpaz two 24 valve v6's and two manual trannies linked together (one shifter) i've talked with the guy on and off...not a bad canuck

http://www.tempotopaz.com/main/index.php?n...sc&start=15

twin engine delorean (prelude 1.8 up front and caddilac 500ci V8 in the rear

the Twinstar caddy's (twin northstar drivetrains)

minicoopers with twin huyabusa engines

the BiMoto audi TT

and there are others

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
for the SHO fans.... the SHOpaz two 24 valve v6's and two manual trannies linked together (one shifter) i've talked with the guy on and off...not a bad canuck

http://www.tempotopaz.com/main/index.php?n...sc&start=15[/b]
Small world. That's Bryce's car. Bryce is a great guy. We did a tour of Wisconsin in 2003 for the SHO convention and since I didn't have a car (and I was a vendor at the time) I was hitching rides with various people through the different legs of the tour. I spent most of the tour with bryce and even with one drivetrain that small car rocked with a SHO motor.

I

imported_1fastGTP

whenever the lemont or downers grove car show is up and running ill give you the set dates and times and what shows are that week. hes normally at all the shows.. but yea.. ill snag pics this time when i see it if you dont see it first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info